- Position: Program Officer
- Position Reports to: Program Coordinator
- Duration: 9 months
- Location: Gaziantep – Türkiye
- Vacancy Ref.No:MF-HR/22-053
- Closing Date: September – 9th – 2022
Maram Foundation has an immediate vacancy for Program Officer, the Program Officer will support Maram Foundation CCCM & WASH programming in Syria in the overall monitoring of the CCCM and WASH portfolio that focuses on improving the living conditions of displaced persons living in camps or camp-like settings, by ensuring that populations are protected and have equitable access to services.
The Program Officer will report to the Program Coordinator on a frequent and scheduled basis.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop, Revise, Update, and file with donors CCCM & WASH proposals on behalf of Maram Foundation in North West Syria by working closely with other departments within Maram Foundation finance, and logistic departments and other actors, considering budget, time, and resources
- Manage the execution, implementation, budget, resources and on time delivery of new projects for refugees to meet Maram Foundation standards of quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Manage and monitor the ongoing WASH & CCCM project activities administered directly by Maram Foundation and its partners.
- Coordinate the CCCM & WASH activities of Maram Foundation with donors, partners, stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental counterparts and local authorities to deliver services to beneficiaries
- Develop, revise and update the program strategy, support plans and operational plans for Maram Foundation programs in North West Syria by working closely with technical staff of implementing partners and other relevant actors, taking into account practical aspects of implementation, long-term sustainable solutions, and relevant technical specifications and guidelines.
- Keep Maram Foundation Management up to date on the development and progress of CCCM & WASH programs planning, budgeting and input to financial management of the program. Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Provide technical guidance, reports and support to partners on all water, sanitation, hygiene and CCCM related issues, to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability and impact soundness in their implementation and in accordance with Maram Foundation policies, standards and priorities.
- Identify, and address Maram Foundation project staff capacity building activities to address key areas of importance to IDPs and other persons of concern to Maram Foundation. Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that mechanisms to monitor the performance of Maram Foundations partners on WASH & CCCM activities in the camps / settlements / host community are in place.
- Manage and coordinate with M&E Monitoring System data collection and reporting is carried out systematically, properly and timely with quality information Reporting
- Design develop Reporting System to report regularly on the relevant activity for all partners, while maintaining accurate records of all relevant CCCM & WASH performance indicators.
- Enforce country regulations and laws.
- Support CCCM & WASH activities by coordinating tasks with procurement, Logistic and HR teams.
- Prepare and submit the regular weekly, monthly and final reports based on validated information from the field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by line manager.
- University degree in civil/ water/ sanitation engineering or other relevant technical background related to the job description.
- Good understanding of management challenges presented in the CCCM & WASH field and the dynamics of humanitarian issues within the global community.
- More than Two years of relevant experience, including at least One year in WASH & CCCM management.
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM);
- Good experience with GMS, Proposals development, submissions, follow up, budgeting, financials, revisions and execution.
- AutoCAD skills
Job Requirements Related to the Syrian Conflict
- In depth knowledge of the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs and stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian context;
- Technical CCCM & WASH Response expertise;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Flaunt in Arabic and English languages, Turkish language is definite plus.
- Valid Turkish residency permits and ability to travel in the region.
- Microsoft office 365 Excel data bases
- Project Management / familiar with Project Management Software
- Budgeting and Accounting Skills
- Social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in the following computer programs: Auto cad (or another Cad software).
How to apply
Maram Foundation is Nonprofit Organization and an Equal opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form in this link: