Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program Indonesia. The 5-year USAID-funded program seeks to help Indonesia achieve its development goal of reducing marine plastic pollution by improving urban waste management through public institution strengthening and private sector partnerships.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, key government counterparts, Tetra Tech, and other project stakeholders and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Indonesia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the activity, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and ensure project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the activity’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
* Oversee technical activities of the activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
*Master’s degree or higher in engineering, environmental science or policy, business, behavioral science, or other related fields.
* At least 15 years of demonstrated technical expertise in the solid waste sector, with substantial developing country context.
* At least 7 years of demonstrated experience in a management position in the international solid waste sector or other relevant development program context.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a project of this magnitude and complexity.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government, the private sector, civil society counterparts, multilateral development banks, the donor community, other United States Government agencies, and United Nation partners.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Indonesian is also strongly encouraged.
* Indonesia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.