Private Investment for Climate Conference Intern
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 75 entities to channel its resources and approved 93 funding proposals for a total investment from the GCF of over $4.6 billion. In addition, the decision has just been made to launch the first replenishment of the Fund.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Intern will provide operational and administrative support to the GCF Private Investment for Climate Conference Committee. S/he will have the opportunity to learn and expand her/his experiences by assisting in assisting travel arrangements of panellists and keynote speakers of the conference. Under the overall guidance of the designated primary and alternate supervisors within the GCF Private Investment for Climate Conference Committee, the Intern is expected to:
- Support in liaising with the GCF Private Investment for Climate Conference committee;
- Assist with the Logistic arrangements of guests;
- Help in sending out information including mailing literature on the conference date, location, and purpose;
- Supports in responding to calls and e-mails related to conference registration and attendance;
- Assist in the conference communications and coordination efforts;
- Assist with content creation for the Conference
- Support in arranging all the Logistics of selective guests to be picked up and dropped off at the airport
Requirements and qualifications
- Enrolled or recently graduated from a Master’s programme, PhD in economics, finance, environmental sciences, law, international development or other related fields;
- Experience in conference and event management;
- Customer service experience in interacting with high government officials
- Highly organized and ability to handle large volumes of information;
- Experience in an international setting;
- Excellent analytical, written and communication skills;
- Proficiency in using standard software programs: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language, in particular French and Spanish, and/or Portuguese is an advantage.