Nigeria nationals: WaSH Project Manager
NRC is looking for a WaSH Project Manager for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the WaSH Project Manager position is to implement delegated Area Office WaSH project portfolio.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Project Manager reports to the Area Manager
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and WaSH strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant WaSH projects
- Coordinate and manage WaSH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the WaSH Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Coordinators) and coordinate across Core Competencies
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Restructuring of the unit, in line with NRC Nigeria strategy Consolidating NRC operations in hard-to-reach areas
- Capacity building of staff members
- University Degree in Engineering or any related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical WaSH expertise, including hygiene promotion
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: July 2019
- Duration: 6 months (Renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Level: Grade 8 in the NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.