Director: Meadows Center Operations
Posting Number 2019446
Posting/Functional Title Director, Meadows Center Operations
University Pay Plan Title Program Director, Non-Faculty
Location San Marcos
Department Meadows Ctr for Water & the Environment
Recruitment Type Open to All
Job Type Full-Time
Monthly Salary $5,833.00 - $7,500.00
Job Category Exempt
Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Master’s in Public Administration, Natural Resources Management, Natural Resources Policy, Environmental Education, Environmental Economics, or related fields and experience managing significant natural resources or related programs.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing significant natural resources or related programs.
- 15 years’ experience managing significant natural resources or related programs and a Ph.D. in Public Administration, Natural Resources Management, Natural Resources Policy, Environmental Education, Environmental Economics, or related fields
Serves as the Director of Operations at The Meadows Center and assists the Executive Director in managing all aspects of the Center’s operations, research, and programs. Responsible for directing the Meadows Center’s human resources, communications, annual budget, and related grant and income-generating programs. Responsible for developing research opportunities, stakeholder and agency engagement, and consultation. Responsible for working with faculty and staff at Texas State University-San Marcos and officials from other universities, foundations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
- Assist Executive Director in Administration of all aspects of the Meadows Center operations, programs, and strategy.
- Support the establishment of robust, respected, and externally-funded water research, water education, water policy, water economics, and other water and environment related research programs at the Meadows Center.
- Oversee program staff, students, contractors, and Meadows Fellows
- Develop relationships and seek external funding support
Additional Information to Applicants
- ATTACH A CHART ADDRESSING HOW YOU QUALIFY FOR EACHREQUIRED QUALIFICATION.
- IF CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW, BE PREPARED TO BRING AN OFFICIALTRANSCRIPT.
Job Open Date 06/06/2019
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 06/20/2019
Open Until Filled No
Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and chart to your application. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25362