ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide support to WASH & Shelter Portfolio Manager in managing day to day activities, as well as efficient coordination with the field team, in order for targeted beneficiaries to have access to WASH and Shelter services in Syria.
A. Technical Support
- Support projects in reviewing all procurement related specifications and relevant details when preparing purchase requisitions;
- Monitor partner activities and advise the partner on compliance with established construction norms and sphere minimum standards;
- Prepare technical monitoring sheets for tracking the progress of WASH & Shelter projects;
- Review and finalize all bill of quantities, technical designs and project schedules for water sanitation facilities construction/refurbishment in accordance with humanitarian standards;
- Provide technical guidance in the preparation and reviews of tenders alongside conducting technical assessment of supplies and materials required for the WASH and Shelter projects;
- Conduct spot check of supporting documents for EERs raised by the project staff;
- Support WASH & Shelter team in designing and supervision of rehabilitation and construction of shelter activities;
- Visit project sites/activities on regular basis and provide on the job training for the staff;
- Develop hygiene promotion materials for staff training and IDP information, in conjunction with the health team;
- Orient and train staff with regards to WASH and Shelter activities;
- Coordinate the delivery of sector specific trainings for field staff on WASH and Shelter best practices;
- Other duties as might be assigned by immediate supervisor.
- In coordination with Grant Managers, provide technical review of MEAL reports with regards to monitoring and accountability findings;
- Create channels for dialogue (water user committees) to ensure appropriate technical and social interventions in order to secure outcome, impact and sustainability;
- Collaborate with MEAL team and Grant Managers in establishing and supporting the implementation of context appropriate complaints and feedback mechanism in all operational areas.
- Oversee A’zaz-based WASH and Shelter Technical team;
- Assist WASH and Shelter Supervisors with supervising the field team on day to day basis.
- Produce weekly updates and monthly progress reports, and any other reports upon request by Portfolio Manager;
- Assist WASH and Shelter staff in reporting and planning for all WASH and Shelter activities;
- In coordination with the WASH and Shelter team provide quantitative progress reports and submit to Grant Managers and WASH and Shelter Portfolio Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Water, Environmental, Electromechanical, Civil Engineering or other related fields;
- Strong Arabic and English communication skills (oral and written);
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Above average computer literacy.
- At least 3 years of experience in civil engineering water and sanitation infrastructures, operation and maintenance;
- At least 2 years of experience with humanitarian aid work and NGOs.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners;
- Excellent networker;
- Knowledge of Turkish language is an advantage;
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships;
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies;
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively; Demonstrates openness and transparency.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 20 June 2019. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.