Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board
Job reference: 499004
Location: 5253 – MURRAY BRIDGE
Job status: Short Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
The Project Officer LMRIA is responsible for supporting delivery of a National Water Grid Authority funded project that aims to improve water deliverability and accessibility in the Lower Murray Reclaimed Irrigation Area (LMRIA). The officer will work closely with farmers, land managers, local farmer groups, farming systems groups, agri-business, industry bodies, agencies and private works contractors to facilitate and implement the delivery of project activities. The project will upgrade limited numbers of irrigation water delivery infrastructure as part of a pilot program to ensure continued access to water for irrigation under varying River Murray water levels in the LMRIA.
Temporary contract until 30 June 2023
Requirements / Special Conditions:
- The position will be located in Murray Bridge.
- A degree in Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Agricultural Science, Water Management, Environmental Science or other associated degree is desirable but not essential.
- A current “C” Class Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive is essential.
- Some out of hours work, intrastate travel involving overnight absences or out of normal office hours may be required.
- A valid National Police Clearance (NPC) is a requirement.
ASO5 ($83,273 – $92,614)
Michael Cutting, Team Leader, Land and Water Management on 0429 093 779 or [email protected]
Apply online by submitting a CV and a letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the Technical/Professional Knowledge and Experience (including qualifications) as outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close: 11/09/2022 11:45 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.