Start: Q4 2022
Duration: Short-term and Long-term
Position: Various Positions
Country: East Africa
Sector: Hydraulic Engineering, Public Infrastructure, Wastewater, Water Supply
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
For various ongoing and upcoming projects in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania & Ethiopia) in the field of water supply, wastewater disposal and treatment, public and social infrastructure, we are looking for experienced
International and National Experts in various engineering and related disciplines (f/m/d)
International and National Financial Experts experienced in engineering projects (f/m/d)
Throughout East Africa, CES is active in numerous projects to improve municipal and rural infrastructure in the sectors water supply, wastewater disposal and treatment, hydraulic engineering as well as public and social infrastructure. Our projects cover the full project cycle from feasibility study to supervision of construction works and most of them include capacity building and institutional strengthening for public service providers as well. Overarching aims of our work are improvement of social, health and environmental conditions, in line with facilitation of economic growth and good governance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, environmental engineering, hydrogeological or geotechnical engineering, social and socioeconomics as well as economic studies or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated international experience for international experts or minimum 8 years of general professional experience for national experts in projects in one of the above-mentioned sectors
- Experience in internationally financed projects and specific knowledge of the procedures of international donor agencies (especially KfW, GIZ, WB, AFD or EIB)
- Relevant regional working experience in Africa
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- For International experts, previous work experience in East Africa is an asset
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to [email protected]
Please indicate the job reference
“International and National Experts for infrastructure projects, East Africa No. 2225”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted