Understand and manage the WRF value proposition with assigned subscribers.
- Provide enhanced services to assigned large utility subscribers and regional partners.
- Promote the utilization of WRF’s research.
- Increase subscriber involvement in WRF programs
- Conduct periodic visits with subscribers to assess utility’s information and research needs
- Plan, organize and moderate WRF workshops.
Build relationships with key subscriber staff to ensure continued subscription and broad support of WRF
· Primary contact for staff of large subscribers and regional partners
· Respond to assigned subscriber information requests
· Provide technical assistance as necessary.
· Ensure timely payment of subscription commitment.
· Ensure that large subscriber account activity is accurate and current.
· Identify key utility staff to involve in projects with consideration for: underutilization, relevance, political and other aspects.
- Travel through assigned territory to call on current and prospective subscribers to solicit business.
Actively recruit new utility, consulting, and manufacturing subscribers, and broaden support for WRF within the water community.
· Relay relevant subscriber information to Research Services to support research agenda development.
· Relay knowledge of regional water issues.
- Regularly update WRF team members about subscriber issues, needs, changes
· Effectively communicate subscriber needs to Communications and Marketing.
· Monthly subscription forecasts.
Promote Tailored Collaboration program participation.
Develop awareness of and maintain familiarity with WRF research and water community issues.
Promote research partnerships with other organizations and industries having common research interests.
Demonstrate WRF values
Accurate and timely expense reporting
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
· Knowledge of water, wastewater, stormwater and reuse issues in local and regional communities.
· Extensive knowledge of utilities and the water industry.
· Effective communication skills including interpersonal and written communication.
· Exercise independent judgment.
· Understand and promote WRF “value proposition.”
· Ability to facilitate meetings and projects.
· Understand business implication of decisions
· Advanced negotiation skills.
· Ability to work and collaborate with team members.
· Proficiency in technical writing.
· Professional presentation skills that can be adapted to various audiences.
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS-Office, Outlook and SharePoint.
· High level of organization and time management to handle predominately off- site subscriber meetings.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological science, environmental science, chemistry, or related field.
· 5 years water experience required. A Master’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience.
· Sales and customer service skills required.
· Remote working arrangement in California
· Attend key conferences
· 40-50% travel is planned and managed by the regional liaison to meet subscriber needs
Preferred candidate is based in California
To apply: Forward résumé and cover letter to Jobs@waterrf.org.