The FEDERAL INSTITUTE FOR GEOSCIENCES AND NATURAL RESOURCES (BGR) is planning to recruit a Scientist of Hydrogeology or Geoscience
For a fixed term, contract until February 29, 2024. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Execution of groundwater-related and cross-thematic projects, in particular with regard to hydrology and hydrogeology in the context of research and third-party founded projects.
Specific tasks of the advertised position include:
- Development of conceptual models and theoretical approaches
- Modelling of flow and transport (coupled processes, variable density, multiphase flow)
- Application and evaluation of new methods and model approaches, programming
- Planning, execution and evaluation of hydrogeological investigations
- Implementation of training and further educational measures for partners in Germany and abroad in the context of technical cooperation projects
- Presentation and dissemination of results
- Advising ministries
- University degree (master or equivalent) in a geoscientific field, hydrology, engineering or comparable with focus on hydrogeology or groundwater
- Very good knowledge and experience in groundwater hydraulics
- Experience in the application of numerical models in the groundwater sector (porous media and fracture rock)
- Very good knowledge in methods of quantitative hydrology
- Knowledge in modeling of hydro-chemical processes
- Proficiency in English language (B2 Level)
- Experience in at least one programming language
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports and publications
- Willingness and suitability for working abroad (up to 4 times a year for approximately 2 weeks), also in tropical regions
- Intercultural competence
- Strong team and communication skills
- Confident demeanor, good negotiation skills
Ideally, the candidate also has expertise and experience in the following:
- Interest in the execution of interdisciplinary problems in hydrogeology and groundwater hydraulics;
- Further foreign language skills (esp. French);
- PhD degree
Place of work is Hannover. The salary of this position corresponds to the E 14 level according to the public service collective salary agreement by the German Federal government.
BGR invites applications from candidates of any nationality. BGR is an equal opportunities employer and, therefore, particularly invites applications by women. BGR aims to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities and will give preference to disabled candidates of equal qualification.
Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed application package, including CV and copies of relevant certificates and referring to the above reference number B 70/19 and the keyword „Numerical Modelling in Hydrogeology“ no later than 27.06.2019 to
Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe
- Personalreferat -
Stilleweg 2, 30655 Hannover
Kindly note that application documents can only be returned to the sender if return address is correctly indicated and the envelope adequately stamped.
More detailed information about BGR is available on internet at www.bgr.bund.de. For more details on the position, please contact Dr. Houben by phone at +49 511/643-2373.
BGR would like to know how you learnt about this job advertisement. Therefore, please indicate in your application how you first became aware of this advertisement.