With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Duration of contract: Two Years
Duty Station: South Ari AP ( Jinka)
- Delineating operation area using GPS and Terra Match APP, map, establish shape file, facilitate community bylaw, make sure ownership towards sustainability, and engage in community mobilization for One Million Tree Plantation.
- Establish and Strengthen Government, group, and individual nurseries for quality seedling provision, and job creation, and contribute to One Million fruit and tree planting in South Ari Woreda.
- Advocacy on sustainable natural resources (water, soil & tree planting) management and its link to sustainable land management and livelihood improvement.
- Integrating with sponsorship and other livelihood and re-greening projects and closely working with designate Woreda and Kebele sector staff and administration as well as other contributing partners towards leveraging resources and increasing outcomes.
- Integrate and Execute tree-based value chain such as; energy-efficient cooking stoves, beekeeping, tree/ fruit seedling, pole, and furniture productions to ensure HHs livelihood options.
- Creating platform, leading networking, engaging, and networking with relevant government offices, FBO, and CBO in the AP area and ensuring inclusive and bottom-up growth.
- Work closely with the TP environment & climate change technical Team to prepare training documents, Demonstration site, collaborate with local Government for field visits, and scale up best practices in the existing Projects.
- Actively participate in local networks in landscape restoration to raise the profile of FMNR, and the work of WV Ethiopia
- In collaboration with WV Environment & climate change technical team Provide face-to-face training (F2F) training on FMNR for staff and volunteers of local partners.
- Create/Strengthen private, group and government nurseries, ( rural resource centers) RRCs to contribute to the regreening and empowering women and youth
- Enhance project sustainability and smooth handing over to local partners
- Ensure to prepare, and submit quarterly, biannual and annual plans and report activities are undertaken as required to pace forward to the desired goal,
- Maintains detailed schedules of activity and budget implementation tracking systems for activities monitoring and budget utilization of the project.
- Prepare various donor/government reports as per the standard.
- Participate in project evaluation, monitoring, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Use Terra Match and GPS for ( nursery, FMNR, tree planting, and, training )utilized and restored areas delineated
- Facilitate and conduct training and/or capacity building on conceptual understanding of Tree planting, FMNR, Agroforestry, and, sustainable land management and undertake other related tasks as appropriate.
- Ensure mainstreaming the project into relevant cross-cutting issues/ youth and gender etc.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- MSc/BSC Degree and Above in Forestry/Agro-Forestry/ Natural Resource Management and a related field
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in NRM/Forestry/Agro-Forestry. Tree planting, Agroforestry and FMNR experience is preferable
- Experience in roles in NRM, landscape restoration, and/or forestry
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and networking
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training and capacity building in NRM (experience in FMNR is considered an advantage)
- Must be a creative individual with a strong sense of priorities and organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances
- Must be able to negotiate ideas within and outside the World Vision partnership, particularly with donor communities and government.
- Optimum level of interpersonal skills to keep up internal and external harmonious working relation
- Quick learner with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Federal language/s
- Proficient computer literacy using Microsoft Office Microsoft Word, Excel & MS PowerPoint
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office-based 25%
- Travel: 75 % Frequent travel to project site,
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only