Learning & Development Specialist
At Water.org, Learning and Development is essential to our success as an organization. This position will have a major focus on business needs and internal training requests and will lead the needs assessment, curriculum design, and development process in response to those needs. The Learning and Development Specialist will apply his/her proven experience and industry best practices to design, develop and implement innovative performance support solutions.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with internal clients and subject matter experts.
- In partnership with subject matter experts: design, develop and deploy learning solutions for employees to include ILT (instructor-led training), online training, resources, ongoing training support and informal training support.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Monitor evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity - Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship - Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Minimum three years of related experience.
- Experience in design and development of formal and informal learning solutions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with knowledge sharing and learning culture principles.
- Exposure to rapid eLearning development tools and learning management systems
- Experience with International HR operations
- Experience in financial services
This position will require travel occasionally to Water.org locations and places of interest, approximately 5% of time.
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement. Salary will be based on education and experience, and will coincide with similar nonprofit organizations in international development.