3-Year fixed term, full time appointment
Research Focused Academic Level A Salary $68,536 to $102,820 pa
Plus 17% superannuation and 6 weeks annual leave
Apply your environmental science experience to monitor and predict trajectories of wetland condition in Northern Australia under climate change and water management scenarios.
About the Position
As a Research Fellow – Wetland Ecology, you will be involved in a collaborative partnership between Charles Darwin University (CDU) and CSIRO titled ‘The development of scientific capability in freshwater ecology and the use of new technologies in natural resource management in northern Australia’, please click here for further details on the partnership.
You will participate in collaborative research projects on freshwater ecology in northern Australia, with the long-term goal of developing a productive and lasting research partnership with CDU and CSIRO. Conducting quantitative research and processing data you’ll contribute to project management and undertake field work in remote locations to contribute to the preparation of research reports and scientific manuscripts to achieve the objectives of the CDU-CSIRO partnership.
To be successful, you will possess:
- A PhD in environmental science, or aquatic ecology, or other appropriate field, or an equivalent combination of postgraduate qualifications and/ or experience.
- Theoretical and applied understanding of aquatic ecosystems.
- Demonstrated quantitative modelling proficiency, and experience analysing ecological datasets.
- Evidence of publishing scientific papers in high impact international journals.
- Ability to generate and deliver effective presentations and papers to research colleagues, government policy makers and the wider community.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific workflows.
To view the responsibilities of the role please click on the: Position Profile
Appointment to this role will be at Research Focused Academic Level A and the base salary will be in the range of $68,536 to $102,820 per annum. The total remuneration package will be in the range of $80,187 to $120,299 per annum including 17% superannuation.
What’s in it for you?
- An employer who values your contribution to build a bigger, better and stronger university
- Work with a University committed to changing people’s lives for the better through training, education and research
- An enviable lifestyle within the unique and spectacular Northern Territory
- Opportunities for professional development, paid study and career progression
- 17% superannuation
- 6 weeks of paid annual leave
- 20 weeks of paid parental leave, in addition to government payments (eligibility criteria apply)
- Recognition of prior service with another Australian University / NT Government for Long Service Leave
- Free on-campus parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging opportunities
How to Apply
All applications must be received online via the ‘apply’ button and should include your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and relevant skills and experience.
For a confidential discussion please contact Erica Garcia on 08 8946 7445 or email [email protected]
Diversity and Inclusion
At CDU we actively celebrate our diversity. We innovate, embrace new ideas, and act with courage and kindness. We’re about what we can give to the world rather than what we take, and we believe in the transformative power of education. We work hard to make sure every member of our university community feels that they truly belong. Understanding that it is through our focus on our people and leveraging our differences that will make CDU the most connected university in Australia, we are striving to ensure that our culture and our community is inclusive of all our staff, students and visitors. We are committed to maintaining a culture where everyone feels respected, safe, encouraged to speak up and supported in achieving their professional goals. Applications from First Nations people, women at all levels, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disability, neurotypical and neurodiverse people, LGBTIQ+ people, people with family and caring responsibilities and people at all stages of their careers are welcomed.
You make CDU. And we want you to be exactly who you are.
Applications Close: Thursday 8 September 2022