REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consultant Services – Individual Consultant)
Republic of Angola
Climate Resilience and Water Security in Angola-RECLIMA
Loan No IBRD 9380-AO
Project ID No. P177004
Reference No. 2CS3/UCP/R/ 2022
The Government of the Republic of Angola (GoA) has received financing from the World Bank and the French Agency of Development (AFD) toward the cost of the Climate Resilience and Water Security in Angola-RECLIMA, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the financing to procure the services of an individual consultant for the position of an Environmental Specialist in the The Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU-WB/AFD) of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA).
The Environmental Specialist will be hired to support RECLIMA project activities in relation to overall implementation and monitoring of the environmental, health and safety requirements and tools associated with project interventions. The Environmental Specialist will be the central resource persons in the FCMU-WB/AFD for coordination of all EHS aspects related to the project, under the direct supervision of the Project Executive Coordinator, ensuring compliance with Environmental and Social Commitment Plan (ESCP), Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), and Labour Management Procedures (LMP), considering all requirements of the WB Environmental and Social Framework, as well as the specific provisions from the WBG ESHS requirements, including relevant Angolan legislation. The Environmental Specialist will be required to collaborate with the Social Development Specialist in the implementation and monitoring of the Resettlement Police Framework (RPF), the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and where necessary the Indigenous Peoples Planning Framework (IPPF).
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU-WB/AFD) of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA) now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The Consultant must have the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- University Degree in Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Management, Biology, or other related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, specifically in managing environmental risk.
- Fluency in Portuguese and knowledge of working English language.
The following skills and competences will be considered as advantages:
- Post-Graduation in Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Management, Biology, or other related field;
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and supervising implementation of environmental studies for project investments;
- Practical experience with site environmental monitoring of construction works.
- Previous experience with application of World Bank Safeguards Policies and the World Bank Environmental and Social Framework (ESF), in projects financed by international donors and multilateral financing agencies;
- Previous experience with environmental and social management in projects related to large infrastructures;
- Experience in facilitating technical training and/or capacity building both at a central level as well as community/local level;
- Preference for candidates with proven experience in the application or certification in environmental, health and safety (EHS), such as ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001:2007, NEBOSH or similar certificates;
- Experience with application of Government of Angola´s environmental regulatory framework standard procedures and practices.
The duration of the assignment will be for a period of 24 months, on a full-time basis, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Method for Individual Consultant set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations paragraph 7.34.
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information (only by email) at the address below during office hours from 08.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below (by only e-mail) on or before 14 hours, date September 07, 2022
Ministério da Energia e Águas (MINEA)
Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU – WB/AFD)
Attention: Sr. Eng.º Lucrécio Costa
Rua Via S8, Condomínio DOLCE VITA, Edifício A1, 3º andar, Talatona, Luanda, Angola
Tel.: +244 222 024 757 /+244 924 746 294
E-mail: [email protected]