Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU Melbourne, VIC, AU Canberra, ACT, AU Perth, WA, AU Sydney, NSW, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join Team CISRO and make the impossible possible!
- Inject your creativity across our engagement strategies
- Create impact for Australia! via your communications expertise
The AquaWatch Australia Mission aims to establish an integrated ground-to-space national water quality monitoring system to safeguard our freshwater and coastal resources and grow Australia’s high-tech space industry. The Mission is being developed in partnership with the SmartSatCRC and delivered through CSIRO’s Missions Program. This will see you working in our Space and Astronomy team, reporting to the Communication Manger – Astronomy, Space and Scientific computing whilst also working closely with our Missions Program. As our AquaWatch Australia Communication and Engagement Lead you will develop and deliver communication and stakeholder engagement activities that strategically position the AquaWatch Australia Mission with key audiences.
If bringing events and stories to life is what drives you in your day-to-day and partnering and relationship building skills come naturally, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for. Can you visualise yourself thriving in a busy, fast-paced environment where no one day is the same? Then join team CSIRO where we can give you the unique opportunity to align your skills and passions with equally passionate people in their fields where you’ll contribute to the monitoring and managing of our most vital and precious resource water. Sound appealing? Why wait, apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Partner with the AquaWatch Australia Mission team to develop a communication and engagement strategy that aligns with the Mission’s business strategy.
- Translate the strategy into a working plan that delivers a pipeline of creative and engaging activities that includes:
- Liaising with media to drive promotional opportunities
- Creating physical collateral and digital content
- Organising events and opportunities with key stakeholders and groups
- Ensuring activities meet CSIRO and partner brand requirements, and enhance our brands
- Tracking and monitoring key metrics to measure the success of activities
- Work collaboratively with regionally dispersed teams to deliver activities with limited direction, demonstrating initiative and a flexible, adaptive and responsive approach.
- Monitor the external environment to identify opportunities and manage risks, and ensure rapid communication of issues and assist in issues management.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships across Corporate Affairs, with other business functions and internal CSIRO stakeholders, with the Mission’s partner SmartSatCRC, and with other external stakeholders.
- Share knowledge and work together in pursuit of the development and promotion of best practice communication and engagement.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney locations will be considered
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 pa (pro-rata for part-time) Plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30 June 2023, Full-time, Part-time or Job-share
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications – public relations, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated experience managing integrated communication and stakeholder engagement campaigns encompassing:
- strategic planning and implementation, problem solving and effective team management
- liaising with media outlets including pitching stories, managing interviews and creating by-lines
- creating collateral and digital content that engages audiences
- developing, or contributing to, engaging online and in-person events
- working with brand managers to meet organisational and partner requirements
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to operate well in complex, ambiguous and fast-moving environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in the satellite, Earth observation, water management or environment domains.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 5 September, 11:00pm AEST