CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 2: The role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore, a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
Working as a member of a team who are committed to serve the most vulnerable people with practical care the WASH officer has a vital role to play in improving positive hygiene practices for the target population. This involves effectively managing the WASH soft and hard components under this project in line with the objectives and output of the project.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Emergency response coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Hygiene Promotors
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Responsible for implementing, and monitoring of WASH Soft and hard component activities in field.
• Works closely with WASH HP (hygiene promotor) to identify communities, beneficiaries and the intervention in targeted communities.
• Participate in Hygiene Behavior Change Communication (HBCC) sessions and awareness.
• Support project manager on planning, implementation, and monitoring of WASH component within the program/project with consideration to social behavior change theories and practices, ensuring consideration to COVID-19 prevention and response.
• Ensure the monitoring of the WASH soft component programme objectives and organize the WASH soft teams
• Ensure quality and respect of deadlines of the project soft and hard component activities implementation
• Regular technical follow-ups and evaluations on soft component activities in the field
• Check the planned hard and soft component activities are absolutely clear to the members of the community
• Coordinate with project PM to ensure project activities are in line with SCI technical guidelines
• Plan the soft component activities with close coordination of project PM in order to respect the planning of the proposal and ensure that the program will not face delays and/or challenges
• Ensure all data from the field are provided on weekly and on monthly basis
• Communication with the team and collaboration with the project PM.
• Participate in hygiene kit distribution process
• Identification beneficiaries for hygiene kit distribution
• Coordination with DCDs/ communities leaders.
• innovative solutions for problem in field
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
University Graduate or 14 class (University degree at MD, Nurse, Civil Engineering and any other related fields)
Minimum 2 years of experience in national and/or international NGOs including at least 1 years in WASH programs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Good knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene
• Experience in behaviour change communications, and hygiene-related topics is an asset
• Construction skills in the field of water and sanitation is an asset
• Knowledge in conducting training and capacity building,
• Strong experience in and familiarity with protection and gender-related issues.
• Basic understanding of COVID19 virus
• Good organization, planning and reporting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skill
• Good team interaction and positive attitude
• Familiar with Word, Excel, and Skype
• Ability to communication English languages is an asset
• Fluent in local language (both written and spoken)
• Familiar with the area of SC-AF provinces
• Experience in project with community hygiene promotion and handwashing demonstration
• Experience in project with hygiene kit distribution
Additional job responsibilities
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Location: Mazar-e- Sharif
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Sep 3, 2022