With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Duty Station: Arbaminch
- Manage the planning, study & design of all WASH project activities of the program hub within the designated geographic area of operation.
- Design using AUTOCAD, WATER CAD, WATERGEMS and Other Engineering Software, and/ or approve all designs to be efficient ,cost effective, inclusive, innovative and appropriate to the local conditions;
- Ensure the WASH project activities comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.
- Ensure the ground water investigation, study and implementation works of the project comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards by closely working with concerned Gov’t professionals AP engineers.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct capacity building trainings to ensure proper sanitation and hygiene implementation in World Vision Ethiopia operation areas; Follow up the overall implementation of sanitation and hygiene activities;
- Play leadership role for the sustainable of WASH projects, coordinate the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas, coordination of WASH governance and water quality assessment and monitoring activities of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented in the project area in collaboration with Gov’t concerned officials and AP WASH staffs.
- Engage in and ensure proper liaison and networking with government, NGOs and other partners working in the project areas.
- Engage in reviewing activity vs. budget plan to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization.; Guide and ensure the preparation of high quality programmatic and financial reports, for donors and support offices.
- Monitor or track WASH projects progress, develop & submit periodic WASH reports of all APs, generate learning and ensure proper documentation is in place.
- Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, advocacy, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics Engineering and other related fields;
Required Professional Experience
- At least 6 yrs for M.Sc and 8 yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 2 years on WASH programs management experience in an international NGO or similar organization. Demonstrated knowledge on different water schemes study and design is preferable.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic computer knowledge (word, Excel) and advanced knowledge of current up-to-date design software such as AUTOCAD, WATER CAD. Special training on design, Construction Supervision and Contract Administration. Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Experience on WBC, CLTSH, MHH, CASH, WASH Governance.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only