Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Associate for Sanitation Services and Technologies. This position is preferably based in Arlington, VA or Burlington, VT areas with consideration of other remote US-based locations.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise supporting sanitation service delivery improvements and innovations in Africa and Asia. The candidate will contribute to business development, project delivery, external communications and client diversification. Please note that hiring is contingent upon contract award decisions.
* Lead complex proposals in response to WASH sector opportunities in developing countries;
* Design and support urban and rural sanitation-related projects and work streams;
* Develop and implement thought leadership, marketing and communications interventions;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management to ensure high quality and timely project delivery;
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and developing countries; and
* Supervise and mentor junior sector staff members as required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., resource economics, urban planning, environmental engineering, etc…) required;
* Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience improving the quality and affordability of fecal sludge containment, transport and treatment services in Africa or Asia;
* Experience applying citywide and area-wide sanitation approaches preferred;
* Prior successful experience writing complex technical proposals preferred;
* Experience managing project work plans, reporting and budgeting in developing countries preferred;
* Advanced professional proficiency in French or Portuguese preferred;
* Outstanding oral, written communications and presentation skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20%-30%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Long-term experience working on field-based (overseas) projects preferred;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.