International Program Manager/Team Leader (Drought Resilience)
Within the framework of German Financial Cooperation (FC) with Uganda, KfW is preparing a project to strengthen drought resilience in the Karamoja region. The aim is to improve the production base and drought resilience of settled and nomadic livestock farmers. This is to be achieved by investing in water storage infrastructure and its proper operation and maintenance, improving livestock services and sustainable water catchment area management. The project shall be implemented using an integrated rural development approach and comprises: investments in animal health and related services, livestock and fishery, improved pasture management and technical training; awareness raising; investments in operation and maintenance such as roads, dams, water reserves for the dry season and equipment including vehicles.
The target group is the indigenous agropastoral and pastoral population that lives and works in the Karamoja sub-region, including migrating nomads from Kenya and Southern Sudan.
We are looking for long-term international Team Leader/ Program Manager.
- General management and oversight of program results and measures in accordance with the approved log frame and operational plan
- Project management, including management of teams of national and international long- term and short-term experts Support the Program Execution Agency (PEA and the program Implementation Agencies (PIA in programme implementation including financial management, procurement, operational planning, preparation of TORs for surveys and short term missions, supervision of services, fund management
- Participatory planning of project measures (for example constructions aiming at soil stabilization, water retention, water collection, irrigation and drainage, feeder roads, storage constructions)
- Elaboration of tender documents, supervision of tender process for constructions
- Supervision and quality control during construction and hand-over
- Investment funds management and reporting according to KfW standards
- Master's Degree in civil engineering or agricultural engineering, rural development, agricultural economics , water resource management of similar;
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the fields of adaptation and mitigation to climate change, crop production and livestock, small scale infrastructure construction S&W conservation, rural infrastructure, droughts resilience
- Professional experience in development cooperation adn donor funded projects
- Experience in project management / Team Leader, preferably in similar comprehensive long-term projects
- Experience in funds management, previous experience in KfW funded project is an advantage