Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for Communications and Reporting Specialist with the Clean Energy and Water (CEW) Group. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
SALARY: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants may go to Winrock’s job page at www.winrock.org to complete an online application, submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Communications and Reporting Specialist – Jordan by October 10, 2016. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Title: Communications and Reporting Specialist / Jordan Water Innovations Technologies (WIT)
Location: Amman, Jordan
Department: Clean Energy and Water
Reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
The Communications and Reporting Specialist will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in technical leadership in communications and handle USAID reporting and outreach responsibilities as specified by the COP.
Develop effective communication strategies and strategic outreach plans
Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management for the project components.
Support WIT components with public engagement and technical assistance as needed to support the new interventions.
Develop, manage and provide technical expertise in execution of all WIT strategic communications, in support of concerned public organizations
Liaise with key partners and significant stakeholders to build positive working relationships.
Prepare and distribute media releases on WIT achievements and outputs.
Work with and across WIT components to enhance and promote effective communication; promote cross-cutting activities; and ensure consistency and quality
Prepare accurate and timely communications reports as directed by the COP/DCOP.
Provide written and verbal presentations as required.
Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents.
Provide information/briefings to other stakeholders and USAID management.
Support program staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Master’s degree in Mass communications, journalism, social sciences or related areas strongly preferred.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least five years working experience in international development
- Experience in water demand management programs is desired
- Extensive experience in communication and analytical reporting
- Experience in behavior change communications is a plus, including the formulation of behavior change messaging and the development of communication and training materials
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; website management and updating skills is a plus
- Knowledge of USAID reporting requirements and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, gender sensitivity, proven track record of working successfully in a variety of cultural contexts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team to achieve program goals
- S/he must be Native English speaker; excellent writing and editing skills