Head of WASH
Are you an experienced WASH specialist and a systems thinker? Want to use your skills with WaterAid to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid's London based Programme Support Unit as Head of WASH, leading a team of specialists supporting our innovative and transformational work around the world. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Programme Support Unit's Quality Programmes team provides thought leadership, specialist support, normative guidance, learning and knowledge management across a wide range of work areas. We are often at the forefront of developing innovative programmes alongside our country programmes and other global teams.
As our strategically focused and highly experienced Head of WASH, you will lead the Quality Programmes team to play a key role in reinforcing and shaping WaterAid's leading role and strategic ambition to achieve transformational change at scale through our work, contributing to the achievement of the global Sustainable Development Goal 6.
The post is a permanent full-time role based out of our London offices.
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership to the Quality Programmes team, translated into effective annual priorities, plans and budgets - fully integrated with the wider Unit's plan and organisational priorities as well as provide strategic technical input into key strategic and management processes, within WaterAid UK and global governance functions.
* Lead the QP team to clearly articulate and package WaterAid's programme approaches, guidelines and standards for both internal and external audiences, collaborating as necessary with other departments and teams
* Manage the effective and targeted deployment of internal and external technical expertise to country programmes / projects and fundraising bids
* Develop and maintain an external / internal resourcing model for expanding / maximising the programme support capacity
* Provide and / or guide strategic technical inputs into current collaborations or networks and assist or initiate new collaborative efforts that support the delivery of the strategy
* Ensure the QP team is highly motivated and innovative and contains the right mix of highly skilled and effective experts and advisors
* Ensure high quality one-to-one performance management that brings out the best of each individual in the team
To be successful, you'll:
Have extensive and broad experience in WASH development in developing countries, demonstrated through a solid career record with at least the most recent significant experience being in a similar senior level roleBe a systems thinker, capable of developing and delivering transformational WASH programmes with large scale outcomesHave demonstrable technical WASH knowledge and skills, across water, sanitation and hygiene, both rural and urban and from community to national levelHave proven skills in leading strategic, effective and impactful initiatives in larger organisations, from a senior levelHave a proven successful track record of leading teams, managing and motivating others and driving change
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave A generous pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 10%Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 23 June 2019. Availability for interview is required on the 4th or 5th July 2019, with a possible second round between 12th to 19th July 2019.
Salary: £65,000 with excellent benefits
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in the course of its work and will conduct appropriate pre-employment referencing and checks. WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.