The Rivers Trust is looking for an environmental scientist with strong GIS and data analysis skills to join its Data & Evidence team. Working alongside experienced RT staff and partners, you will provide technical support and knowledge-sharing solutions to facilitate the use of data and evidence for integrated catchment management in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
The role includes:
- Providing technical spatial analysis and data management support and training for the 100+ Catchment-Based Approach (CaBA) partnerships in England.
- Development and distribution of data and resources and development of online support programme via the CaBA knowledge base (www.catchmentbasedapproach.org).
- Providing technical support and knowledge sharing input to a range of European catchment management projects. Building on the CaBA resources to provide expertise and support to several European projects in Ireland and mainland Europe.
As a minimum you should have:
- 3 years relevant work experience, some of which needs to be in a dispersed or remote team.
- Based in England. SW (Bristol) or NW (Manchester) are preferred to maximise the face to face time with the existing team.
- ArcGIS Online (ESRi) experience.
- ArcGIS Desktop and Pro experience.
- Knowledge transfer or teaching experience.
Desirable experience so that we can grow the wider capability of the team:
- Catchment management skills or experience.
- Environmental modelling experience.
- Programming experience (PYTHON or R).
- Research experience.
- Water quality or flow monitoring and data management.
Application Closing Date: 10th June 2019
Detailed job description and application pack are available from: https://www.theriverstrust.org/jobs/gis-analyst-the-rivers-trust/
We anticipate that interviews will take place in Bristol towards the end of June.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,075.00 to £27,595.00 /year