International Team Leader (Development projects)
To lead/manage ongoing and upcoming medium to large scale projects with expertise in one or more of the following technical areas:
- water resource planning and management;
- irrigation and drainage;
- water supply and wastewater;
- civil engineering design and construction supervision;
- agriculture and agri-business;
- climate change adaptation;
- Min 15 years’ overall experience in one or more of the technical areas listed above
- Min 5 years’ experience as a Team Leader/Project Manager managing multi-disciplinary teams composed of international and national consultants
- university degree (preferably Masters or higher) in one of the technical areas listed above, project management qualification corresponding to IPMA Level B2 or equivalent would be an advantage
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
- Experience of working in developing countries, preferably one of the priority countries of IWECC (Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Indonesia, Egypt, South Sudan, Rwanda, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Zambia, Mozambique)
- Dedication to excellence in project planning, management, and delivery;
- Extensive experience in a project environment with substantial project management experience
- Experience of maintaining excellent relations with implementing and donor agencies, including the facilitation of evaluation missions
- Experience of managing local partners
- Experience with monitoring and recordkeeping of projects, preparing work plans, budgets, progress reports and financial reports
- Experience of working on multilateral or bilateral aid funded projects
Mott MacDonald’s International Water, Environment and Climate Change division (IWECC), part of our global International Development Services unit, is seeking experienced team leaders/project managers for potential long-term deployed contracts on upcoming medium to large scale projects, to improve water related issues for communities in fragile and difficult environments.
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.