Water Infrastructure Engineer
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on our ongoing water resources projects in Nepal, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Rwanda, Indonesia, and Egypt.
You will provide head office support and short or medium term inputs in-country contributing both to the successful management of projects and to excellence in technical project delivery. Our team’s technical areas of expertise include water resources infrastructure, irrigation and drainage, and other rural infrastructure. We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic engineer to strengthen our technical expertise in these fields and bring technical innovation to our work.
You will lead or be part of bid teams to pre-position for prospects and prepare winning project proposals for any aspect of water resources development. This will entail forging client relationship networks in IFIs and local governments as well as working on complex bids and projects with multiple stakeholders under often challenging conditions.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of civil engineering projects, some of which should have been spent working on water resources, hydraulic structures, river engineering, or irrigation and drainage projects;
- Experience in working in developing countries in South / Central / East Asia or Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in winning projects, including preparing expressions of interest and bids for internationally funded water infrastructure and management projects;
- Excellent client relationships management skills and the ability to build a network of contacts;
- Experience in a technical or managerial role working as part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams;
- Substantial project management experience in an international project environment;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong inter-personal skills;
Do you want to join a team committed to improving people’s lives? Do you approach problems from a fresh perspective, finding creative solutions to support the delivery of programmes in some of the most challenging places in the world?
We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity. Our work focuses on a variety of countries including Nepal, Rwanda, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malawi, Egypt and Tanzania.
As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
With a resurgence in water infrastructure, including irrigation and drainage, projects, we are seeking to strengthen our water resources team with the addition of a water infrastructure engineer with experience of working on technically challenging projects in developing countries. Our team includes employees based in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, as well as in developing countries as team leaders and technical specialists to deliver and manage our projects.
For this position we are seeking to strengthen our team based in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.