Female candidates: Professor in Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.
As a Professor at the UT, you will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing novel scientific methods and approaches in the broad Geo-information Science and Earth Observation domain of our ITC Faculty. You will be based in a department and be co-responsible for its management, alongside other Principal Investigators (PIs). You will teach and supervise MSc and PhD students and initialise and lead capacity development projects in ITC’s target countries in Asia and Africa.
- Your research domain lies in the field of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- You have a strong publication record and a vision for the future development of the field
- You are a dedicated professional, eager and capable of creating links between your research area and the existing research groups at our uniquely multi-disciplinary university
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, and your managerial skills make a difference
- You have a passion for teaching and hold a basic qualification in teaching (BKO) for Dutch universities, or are willing to obtain this
- Your communication skills in English are excellent
- You are willing to travel often to ITC’s target countries in Asia and Africa doing research projects.
- To improve the representation of women in senior academic positions, the University of Twente introduced the Hypatia programme www.utwente.nl/go/fullprofessor-hypatia. This program aims at excellent female scientist at the level of full Professor. Female scientists are invited to apply for the position as such but within the frame of one of the faculty-research themes more specifically.’
We offer you a full-time, tenured position as Professor at the ITC faculty – an inspiring and challenging international environment with colleagues from all over the world. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and excellent conditions:
- Gross monthly salary between € 5582.- and € 8127.- (fulltime) depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Professor level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
- Professional and personal development programmes
- A family-friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.