Australia nationals: Manager Waterways and Floodplain Planning
The North East Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is seeking an outstanding individual with excellent waterway management technical skills, along with strategic and influencing skills for a key leadership role.
This successful candidate would ideally possess the following:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in science, environmental engineering or natural resource management with at least ten years relevant experience.
- A strong understanding of all aspects of waterway management, river processes, catchment and waterway health.
- An understanding of statutory planning requirements and the state and federal policy framework for waterway management, including its legal, socio-economic and political context.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the proven ability to negotiate and consult to gain positive outcomes.
- The demonstrated capacity to plan, coordinate, organise and deliver work in a self-motivated manner.
- Proven leadership and staff management skills.
We will offer you:
- A great regional location.
- A challenging and rewarding career.
- A flexible and friendly work environment.
If successful, you will join the North East Catchment Management Authority (CMA) as the Manager Waterways and Floodplain Planning. Reporting to the CEO, and an integral member of the executive team, you will play a key role in the delivery of the organisation's strategic and financial strategies whilst also overseeing a small but high functioning team.
This is a fixed term position for five years. The total remuneration package for the position will be based on experience and at the Senior Executive Level.
The North East CMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and productive workplace environment.
You will need to supply a covering letter, address the key selection criteria and provide a current resume as per the Recruitment Information Kit.
Applications must be received by 11.59pm, Sunday 16 June 2019.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the North East CMA Website
For a confidential discussion regarding this position call Helen Wilson, Executive Manager NRM Delivery, ph 02 6043 7616. Website: www.necma.vic.gov.au Phone: 1300 216 513