Organization: Development Alternatives Group
Position: Manager/Senior Manager : Climate Change Policy
Domain: Public Policy and Planning Domain
Category & Reporting:
Reporting to: Vertical Head : Planning & Policy , Also closely working with Vice President
- Must Have : Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management, communication & advocacy of which 2-3 years of experience should be related to climate change adaptation, climate finance and mitigation.
- Highly Desirable : Experience in issues of Paris Agreement, SDGs, NDCs, GCF and other international climate policy processes related projects will be virtuous
Masters in Public Policy/ NRM/ Sociology/ Development Studies/ International Affairs equivalent
Project / Programme:
Based in New Delhi, India, Planning and Policy Domain (PPD) of DA Group has a mandate to influence and support public policy in the transition towards sustainable development by connecting practice with policy. It develops innovative policy and practice oriented research to guide policymakers and domestic/international leaders, who develop high-impact policies that will address our national/worldwide most pressing Natural Resource Management/ Climate change related challenges. Our focus area are Sustainable Consumption & Production (water, green building material and waste management), Climate Change Resilience (Climate Change Adaptation : Water/Agriculture, Climate Finance & SDG-CC Inter Linkages) AND Inclusive Development (Agriculture and FPOs, Access to Housing, Eco-Tourism, Green MSMEs and Jobs, Equity and Res. Efficiency)
Through this advertisement, DA Group is looking for an anchor for policy research and communication in Climate Change resilience sector who will lead an ambitious effort to advance the organization’s agenda by disseminating our work and message to a wide variety of stakeholders nationwide, including researchers, policymakers, practitioners, institutions of higher education.
This will involve:
- Research and analysis on Climate Change adaptation, NRM, Climate Finance
- Communication and advocacy on issues of Paris Agreement, SDGs, NDCs, GCF and other international climate policy processes
- Contribution in business development for the Natural Resource Management/ Climate change portfolio
- Lead DA's outreach efforts & engagements with internal and external stakeholders for projects including networking and meetings to develop joint climate change policy positions
- Develop strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of DA's research and other initiatives, including serving as a liaison to the governmental, non government agencies and Institutions.
Technical Skills :
- Experienced in technical report writing and presentation. Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), excellent editing & presentation skills, Functional knowledge of GIS would be desirable.
- Independent thinker, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, especially in English. Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, balances multiple competing priorities, and operates on short timelines.
Specifically, the incumbent should have:
- Experience of working in development sectors / Government departments, towards addressing the rural livelihood issues, sustainable use of natural resources & connecting it to the larger global climate policy.
- In-depth understanding of policy environment, climate change adaptation, finance at local, national and international level
- Experience in networking & working with various stakeholders including state departments and ministries would be preferable.
- Independently planning and designing research initiatives.
- Willingness to travel.
No. of Positions: 01
Regular/ Contractual: Regular (Confirmation after successful confirmation of 6 months’ probation period)
Location: Delhi HQ (Qutab Institutional Area, South Delhi)
Replacement/ New Position: Replacement
How to Apply
- Apply through career section of website www.devalt.org or
- Send updated CV with/without a Cover Letter to and mention position name “Manager / Senior Manager : Climate Change Policy” in the subject line of the email.
- Please upload word files for CV & Cover Letter (optional but preferred) with the file name “PPD(Policy Communication)_Your First Name_Last Name”
- Provide links to/upload your past mentionable works (optional).