Impact Intelligence Analyst
844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a bright future that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we pioneer market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing women hope, children health and families a future.
The Insights & Innovations team at Water.org is data and evidence driven and committed to rigorous monitoring and evaluation processes to capture and communicate information and insights. The Insights & Innovation team measures the performance of our work, identifies potential risks, and validate resulting change that often occurs in complex environments. The team collaborates across the Global Impact department and the broader organization to generate a creditable and actionable evidence base to advance insights, inform and guide our work, drive innovation, accelerate learning curve, influence action, and contribute to thought leadership.
The Impact Intelligence Analyst within the Insights & Innovations team is primarily responsible for capturing, synthesizing, and conducting analysis to of Water.org programs to generate insights, form evidence bases, and produces information that help shape the organization’s strategies. This Analyst will ensure data integrity and provide concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps improve the effectiveness of Water.org’s programs. With a focus on data reporting and tracking, the Impact Intelligence Analyst will also provide oversight of data practices, ensure accurate, timely data analysis and visualizations across the Global Impact department, track progress against key initiatives, and develop compelling insights and reports.
The Impact Intelligence Analyst role is based in Kansas City, MO.
Data Practices, Data Governance, and Systems Support (40%)
- Oversee and monitor the data practices employed by the Insights & Innovations team, as well as the Global Impact team.
- Collaborate with internal global stakeholders to ensure program and partner data is provided in a quality, timely, and relevant manner.
- Proactively perform regular data quality checks within the organization’s management information systems (MIS).
- Perform data cleaning and analysis for insight generation/research/evaluations.
- Assess current team practices and make recommendations the lend to practices, tools, and systems improvements.
- Collaborate with the Impact Intelligence Software Architect to evolve platform solutions based on user needs, troubleshoot issues, and test changes made to the system.
- Manage and maintain the mWater platform; including building out reporting dashboards and providing technical support as needed.
- Develop training content and materials for Water.org’s systems in partnerships with HR’s Learning & Development team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for providing Impact Analysis training content for internal development opportunities.
- Collaborate with HR’s Learning & Development team to ensure training content and materials are maintained and current.
- Manage and support data collection processes, instruments, surveys, and files.
Data Analysis and Visualization (30%)
- Develop and maintain a wide variety of measurements and indicators through dynamic platforms and dashboards.
- Provide on-demand, accurate data analysis and visualization to support and influence global operations and foster business insight.
- Create visualizations and compelling ways to communicate evidence base.
- Analyze program data, producing statistical analysis and data insights to serve internal and external needs.
- Coordinate with the Insights & Innovations team members to support data mapping and visualization to make results accessible to various audiences as needed.
- Manage and lead specialized projects including research assistance, driving projects to produce insights to inform learnings, and survey and dashboard design.
Data Tracking and Reporting (30%)
- Work closely with the Global Impact team and field operations to understand data needs to provide applicable and strategic data reporting.
- Manage and generate standard data tracking and reporting.
- Prepare data for monthly and annual reports and assess progress towards project objectives.
- Manage and provide routine assessments to identify areas for improvement in data collection, tracking, and reporting processes.
- Identify and track production issues / limitations in data platforms.
- Manage and maintain the tracking of the organizational impact objectives and indicators.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Recommend process, practice, and system enhancements to improve monitoring and evaluation practices and MIS platforms.
- Proactively ensure the data maintained within Insights & Innovations is consistently, relevant, well governed, on-time, and actionable.
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when taking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in relevant fields
- Strong experience with project management
- Knowledge and experienced in working with databases, MIS / mobile / data platforms
- Experience with training and training modules
- Experience conducting trainings on technology/software or MIS platforms
- Data analysis and visualizations
- Experience with statistical queries
- Fluency with data management and analysis tools
- Past experience working directly with global organizations and software developers, a plus
Up to 10% of domestic and global travel.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.