Intern (m/f/d) Supporting Participatory Resource Management in the Water Sector
The project 'Supporting Participatory Resource Management to Stabilize the Situation in Host Communities' focuses on improving water supply and availability in selected host communities with a high share of Syrian refugees. The rehabilitation of the water infrastructure as well as the distribution of additional rooftop water tanks to households contribute to ensuring water security even during the hot summer months. At the same time, the project empowers the local communities by promoting a participatory management of water resources: Community members, among them members of vulnerable groups, are invited to come together with representatives of water providers, local authorities, and civil society in order to discuss the infrastructure renewal and further water aspects in the communities. In addition to that, capacity building measures strengthen the delivery capacity of the responsible water utility, particularly with respect to special needs of refugees and other vulnerable groups. In doing so, the project improves water supply and availability for Jordanians and Syrian refugees alike and fosters both social cohesion and a sustainable development.
- Collecting and analysing information, processing it as needed for different purposes (reporting, public relations, etc.)
- Conducting literature and field research on participatory resources management and its application
- Developing a first draft of a concept paper on participatory resources management in the water sector
- Supporting the team in implementing project activities and management tasks
- Supporting the preparation and realisation of workshops, trainings, and other events
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. water resources management, environmental management, development studies)
- First working experience in water resources management or the development of water infrastructure
- Experience in the field of development/international cooperation
- Experience abroad, preferably in the Middle East
- Affinity for digital tools/approaches and experience in the field of information and communication technologies are an asset
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of participatory tools and approaches
- Structured working style with a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to work independently as well as to work in an intercultural team
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and German skills, Arabic language skills are an advantage
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.580,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms.Mueller ( )
Application should be provided in English. Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.