Myanmar nationals: Green Investment Service (GIS) Officer
The Myanmar country office is recruiting a full-time Green Investment Services (GIS) Officer who will develop green investments in sustainable urban infrastructure, sustainable energy, and agricultural/fishery/forestry value chains. (S)he will contribute to country programming through mobilizing investments in GGGI projects. (S)he will report to the Country Representative and work with GGGI’s in-country team, thematic consultants in close consultation with the departments of Green Investment Services and Policy Solutions in GGGI headquarters.
- Support identification of green investment opportunities and develop bankable projects, including financial modelling and structuring of ideas into investment projects with particular relevance Green City Investments, Energy and Coastal Landscape value-chains;
- Support for Green Climate Fund (GCF) Direct Access Entity nomination;
- Advise government on creating an enabling environment for investment through policy incentives and regulations;
- Support development of content for knowledge, training and communication materials on green investment.
- Coordinate engagement with other members of the country team, with policy and investment teams in HQ, and with donor agencies, and with investors, banks and local entrepreneurs for the purpose of identification and structuring of the portfolio of green investment projects in Myanmar;
- Build, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with government counterparts and international/local stakeholders in the public and private sectors for development of economically viable, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable investments;
- Prepare briefing or communications materials for knowledge sharing to support internal and external briefings.
In this role, the GIS Officer shall:
- Identify and originate new green investment projects, drawn from the country programs, based on country needs, gaps, GGGI’s strategy and strengths;
- Lead (pre-) feasibility assessments of green investment/infrastructure projects and programs engaging all relevant stakeholders;
- Support development of relevant financing mechanism and risk reduction instruments for the identified projects;
- Develop and disseminate capacity development and knowledge sharing products in the field of green investment project design and preparation;
- Provide technical advice to other staff and government counterparts on green investment projects and programs;
- Undertake other relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Representative in support of country team efforts.
- Education: MBA or Master’s level degree in economics, finance, investment or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate finance, financial analysis, project development, impact investments and/or investment appraisal in public or private sector organizations
- Experience with project finance, private or public sector projects, and/or in PPP transactions is a must.
- Proven experience and expertise in project origination, feasibility assessment and preparation is a must.
- Experience in creating and analyzing financial models, balance sheets and historical and project financial statements is a must.
- Good understanding of the Myanmar banking and private finance sector is a must.
- Experience in conducing industry and market research is a must, leading business development efforts is a plus.
- Understanding of the institutional arrangements and processes for public investment in Myanmar is a plus.
- Experience in working with high-level government officials, international organizations, multilateral development banks etc. is a plus.
- Experience with climate finance and/or impact investment banking are a plus.
- Experience in projects related to financing of projects renewable energy, waste management, urban infrastructure, agriculture, fishery and forestry products are a plus.
- Experienced in leading and formulating partnerships and networks to achieve and disseminate results
- Handle complex multi-stakeholder relationships
- Maintain a high degree of professional integrity
- Be willing to travel within Myanmar
- Work effectively with other teams of a high degree of cultural and professional diversity
- Effectively communicate, listen to others, and translate investment concepts into simple language for a non-expert audience
Note: This position is open only to the Myanmar Nationals. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.