Technical Specialist WASH (South America)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Technical Specialist WASH, South America
Location: AFE3 or Remote
Technical Point of Contact: Team Leader
This is a Water and Sanitation Health (WASH), mid-term performance evaluation of the Lazos de Agua Program, a $25 million project funded by the One Drop Foundation (Cirque du Soleil). Other funders are the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Coca-Cola Foundation and Fundacion FEMSA. Lazos de Agua works to provide drinking water and improved sanitation and hygiene to over 200,000 people in Columbia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Paraguay by 2021. Field work for the evaluation is expected to be conducted during November and December 2019. This position is Contingent upon Award by One Drop.
Scope of Work:
- Support a rigorous program evaluation design and execution, utilizing a mix of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and gender, etc. disaggregated data and analysis;
- Work with Team Leader; conduct field research to fulfill the following objectives, which include:
- Providing inputs for strategic decisions regarding feasibility for scalability for the second phase of the Program post December 2022
- Enabling the Steering Committee to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Lazos de Agua program
- Assessing whether the program is on track to achieve its objectives
- Formulating concrete strategic and operational recommendations for consideration
- Providing recommendations to Program Implementers and One Drop for the 2020 Annual Work Plans
- Documenting achievement of results to date
- Technical review and comment on drafts of the final report submitted by the Team Leader;
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience participating in and/or leading program evaluations of WASH programs in Central and South America; especially in Guatemala, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Mexico and Colombia;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Understanding of gender issues relevant to WASH programming;
- Knowledge and experience of art for social change/social art.
- Experience supporting WASH programs and/or WASH evaluations in at least two countries in Central and/or South America;
- Expertise in design and implementation of water and sanitation interventions (10+ years), to include both urban and rural WASH Programming;
- Extensive knowledge of behavior change approaches (10+ years) used in WASH Programming and an understanding of how such changes are measured;
- Professional oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in Spanish.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public health, engineering, international development or related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Probable travel in three of the following five countries: Guatemala, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Mexico and Colombia.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.