Personal Assistant to Freshwater Practice Leader
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Personal Assistant to Practice Leader Freshwater for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Mission of the Department:
To unite the WWF Network and partners and create the right environment to deliver the WWF Global Conservation goals of the Practice.
Support the Practice Leader, Freshwater to ensure the efficient management of the Freshwater Practice and to liaise effectively with other WWF International Divisions, Practices and WWF National Organizations, Programme Offices and Associates, as well as external partners and contacts. To assist the Practice Leader in the day-to-day management of their core team with designated administrative duties and support the core team members in the effective fulfilment and execution of their functions including coordination and research functions. Operate and perform to the highest professional standards, with considerable independence, diversified and designated administrative duties, high level organizational, coordination and research skills and knowledge of company policy.
- Manages the administration of the Practice Leader, Freshwater and their core team
- Organizes, prioritizes and tracks agenda, meetings, appointments and paper flow and endeavours to streamline the -
Practice Leaders’ workload and ensures timely responses to invitations and other requests
- Provides support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinates and prepares relevant documents and briefing packs
- Organizes travel for the Practice Leader and core team, including flights, accommodation and other logistics and coordinates and prepares documents related to travel; keeping Climate Friendly CO2 info up-to-date
- Provide coordination and research functions for the Practice Lead in support of the Freshwater Strategy
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Practice Leader
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Commercial college diploma or equivalent; ideally Freshwater studies would be advantageous
- Significant experience as a senior or executive assistant in an international environment
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion and unfailing diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability in coordination and research
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team
- Capacity and willingness to take initiative, proactive attitude
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; other languages would be an advantage
- Computer literate and numerate
- Clear interest in the work of WWF, ideally with knowledge of Freshwater issues
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.