Programme Manager (Business, Healthy Ecosystems and Resource Security)
This is an exciting role within a fast-paced and growing team that helps businesses to understand the strategic imperative to protect and restore environmental systems and to integrate this understanding into business strategies and commercial decisions, to drive change at the pace and scale that science tells us is necessary.
As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading a portfolio of projects which will help companies to understand their impacts and dependencies on natural systems, including soil, water and biodiversity, and to develop commercially viable, scalable solutions. You will be effective at keeping pace with evolving research and practice internationally and be able to harness this insight to help multinational business to deliver positive environmental outcomes across their value chains. You will also be effective at convening and facilitating groups of businesses to explore and co-create new solutions and commercially viable strategies. In support of this work, you will develop new commercial leads, identify fundraising opportunities and write bids as new prospects are developed.
You will contribute to the further development of key institutional partnerships and relationships including engaging with Cambridge University academics and internationally recognised researchers. You will be expected to act with a high level of independence and to work proactively and on your own initiative.
We are seeking applicants committed to the values that underpin CISL's work, who can demonstrate they have the following essential skills and experience:
- A degree in a relevant field/academic background or equivalent professional experience.
- Expertise in environmental sustainability issues, and how they affect business.
- A good understanding of corporate supply chains and consideration of their impacts and dependencies upon the natural environment.
- Project management experience and skills, including financial planning and bid writing, with experience of developing, maintaining and delivering against budgets.
- Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills who is able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of working as part of a project team and networking widely with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically with good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context.
- Proven success in identifying new funding sources and supporting funding applications.
The following attributes are desirable:
- A higher degree in a relevant field.
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders.
- Expertise in a particular aspect of natural resources (e.g. soil, water).
- Expertise in the development of commercially viable, scalable solutions to sustainability challenges.
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Informal enquiries may be made to CISL Human Resources team, .
Please quote reference EN19131 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.