The Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (SEACC) seeks a talented professional to coordinate our communications and build grassroots support for our campaigns. The Communications and Online Engagement Coordinator will create, implement, and track online engagement components of our strategic plans, and manage our digital platforms, supporter database, and communications. He/she will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with campaign and development staff as well as partner organizations to grow critical support for collaborative campaign goals to protect wild lands and clean water in Southeast Alaska.
SEACC is a small but mighty legacy nonprofit in the Tongass National Forest in Juneau, Alaska. Our growing, 6-person office is a cozy former residence in downtown Juneau, a short walk from downtown amenities. The greater Juneau region is rich with access to the outdoors, including fishing, hunting, foraging and subsistence activities, and skiing and winter sports in the wintertime. The city is famous for its rainy and dark winters (pre-ski-season), which is a consideration for those contemplating a relocation. SEACC’s compensation package is consistent with those of small, regional nonprofits. This position may be full or part-time.
- Manage communications – oversee the coordinated, sustained, and creative use of SEACC’s website, social media, and earned media presence. Ensure consistent messaging and high-quality products.
- Grow SEACC’s base of support – Use NationBuilder and other online organizing tools to analyze, track and grow online support for SEACC’s campaigns. Maintain an organized and effective database.
- Professional experience with web development, database management, and online grassroots engagement software.
- Experience with or demonstrated aptitude for leading data-driven engagement organizing or other strategic campaign efforts. Ability to work toward big-picture objectives.
- A strong eye for visual communications and proficiency with graphic design and image editing software.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality workproducts, and attention to current best practices in online communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team-focused approach to projects, and track record of success with colleague and community relationships.
- Impeccable written communication and editorial skills.
- Experience working with the press and generating earned media
Applications accepted until position is filled, with preference given to applications arriving before October 15th. Contract work may be available before final hire. Position to start ASAP.