BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Join BRAC’s WASH programme to be part of the vision to ensure that everyone, everywhere has safe drinking water, a hygienic toilet, and practices good hygiene. We deliver services to people living in hard-to-reach, climate affected and underserved urban areas using a multidimensional approach – from financing WASH markets to building partnerships with local governments. Active since 2006, the programme has significantly contributed to Bangladesh attaining the Millennium Development Goals national WASH target, and is believed to be the largest NGO-managed WASH programme in the world. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
- To change hygiene behavior and increase COVID 19 vaccine uptake of the community people, doctors, caregivers and students in the target areas.
- Develop operational strategy for HBCC2 project to ensure smooth operation and ensure timely completion of various programme activities in line with the work plan.
- Review narrative proposal and financial proposal of the next phases of the project
- Ensure quarterly reports, annual report, monitoring reports are shared with donor
- Conduct field visit and identify problems of field operations and find the way of solution
- Review monthly programme performance and provide feedback to DMs, POs, Manager, Technical, TOs and QCs to improve the performances.
- Coordinate with relevant government offices, LGIs representatives and other BRAC programme/departments of effective and efficient implementation of the project.
- Ensure project related decisions taken by senior management
- Conduct quarterly meeting with team for corrective measure in terms of monitoring and quality control
- Develop staff capacity through coaching, meeting, field visit and individual contact
- Review monthly performance of the project team and provide feedback to improve the performances.
- Ensure financial control of HBCC project by following BRAC policy and guideline.
- Facilitate internal and external audit and facilitate reports for NGO Bureau for fund release
- Assist Programme Head (WASH) in preparing reports and other programmatic and management issues as and when required.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
Additional Job Requirements
- Computer Literacy (MS-Word, Excel, power point etc.)
- Excellent speaking and writing skill both in Bangla and English
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Coordination and communications skills
- Knowledge on preparing programme operational guideline and donor reporting
- Programme/Project management
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals including budgeting.
- Proven and good understanding of community-based approaches and resource allocation procedures
- Team building ( positive reinforcement , collaboration and partnering)
- Dealing with ambiguities and conflict management
Masters in Economics/ Business Administration/ Social Science/ Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Water Management/ MDS or any relevant discipline from any recognized university
Minimum 5 years’of work experience including 2 years in WASH sector project management.
Festival Bonus, Health and Life Insurance and others as per policy