TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Festival Producer
JOB STATUS: Part-time, permanent
20 hours/week (must be available for 30 hours/week during December 1-Jan 24)
LOCATION: Nevada City, CA
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival (WSFF) is a program of the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL), a watershed conservation organization located in Nevada City, CA. Created in 2003, this 5-day festival draws more than 8,500 attendees and launches an annual On Tour program designed to raise awareness and encourage grassroots environmental action internationally. This festival is SYRCL’s largest annual fundraising effort and proceeds fund SYRCL’s other programmatic work.
The Communications Coordinator works on a team in the production of the largest festival of its kind in the US, taking place each January in Nevada City and Grass Valley, CA. Under the supervision of the Festival Producer, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for communications and public relations for SYRCL’s Wild & Scenic Film Festival each January and On Tour program year-round.
- Oversee content and updates on WSFF website
- Coordinate and draft WSFF e-news content monthly, and weekly in peak festival time
- Manage WSFF social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) resulting in increased engagement and reach
- Produce engaging graphics for ads, website, and media
- Develop, draft, and distribute all media materials (advisories, press releases, backgrounders)
- Manage segmented media list (regional, local, short lead)
- Lead paid media advertising (planning, buying, value added, bonus, budgeting)
- Coordinate advance media opportunities
- Proactively pitch festival and on tour program to regional and national outlets
- Invite media guests, manage press passes, and prepare press packets for the festival.
- Provide coordination between Media Lounge Coordinator, Producer, and Programming Manager
- Support sponsorship pitches, create sponsorship materials and communications
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 3 years in a marketing/communications role with prior experience managing web content on Wordpress.
- Experience managing social media platforms for optimizing engagement and growth of audience. Must be skilled in using analytics to inform strategic direction.
- Experience leading public relations activities and proactively pitching stories to news outlets.
- Savvy graphic design sensibility and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and contractors in a busy office setting. Nonprofit work experience a plus.
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive hourly wage, based on qualifications. SYRCL’s part-time employees accrue pro-rated holiday pay, pro-rated Personal Time Off (PTO) and sick leave.
Please apply online with your resume and cover letter by June 15 for best consideration.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.