Water Resources Engineer
RTI International’s Center for Water Resources, which provides hydrologic and hydraulic modeling services, decision support applications development, data management and analysis system design, and environmental engineering support to government agencies, private companies, and international clients, has an immediate opportunity for a Water Resources Engineer at the Center office in Fort Collins, Colorado.
The successful candidate will work as part of the RTI team on projects that involve:
• Developing hydrologic, hydraulic, reservoir operations, and watershed models
• Configuring and deploying decision support systems (DSS’s) for water resources management applications
• Processing hydrometeorological data, including statistical analysis, diagnostic tests, synthetic generation, and trend analyses
• Remote sensing applications using GIS and Google Earth Engine applications
• International travel for site visits, stakeholder engagement, conducting technical trainings, and support of business development activities.
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Water Resources
• Direct experience in the analysis and processing of hydrometeorological data
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally for extended periods
• Experience in hydrologic, hydraulic, reservoir operations, and watershed models (e.g. HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-ResSIM, RiverWare, SWAT, MODSIM)
• Demonstratable skill using Python libraries for data analysis, modeling, and visualization (e.g. Matplotlib, Pandas, Bokeh)
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams, be flexible to dynamic conditions, and support the RTI Mission.
• Proficiency in languages beyond English viewed favorably.