The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipro, Poltava, Sloviansk, Odesa and Vinnytsiya.
The ICRC Delegation in Luhansk seeks to fill the following position:
Water and Habitat (WatHab) Assistant based in Lugansk
AIM OF THE POSITION
WatHab Assistant is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of all WatHab projects and ensuring principles of accountability to affected populations are integrated into the programs. S/he monitors the progress of the programs, makes relevant recommendations for improvement. S/he has a close working relationship with her team to ensure Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) are integrated in their projects.
- Understand and adhere to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understand and adhere to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understand the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respect and observe staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represent the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develop and maintain a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Perform all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- Be ready to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Excellent command (spoken and written) Russian language.
- Good knowledge (spoken and written) of English language.
- At least 2 years’ professional work experience in project planning, management or control.
- Excellent computer literacy (Excel/ Word)
- Good decision making, planning, organizational, negotiating, and analytical skills
- University degree in administration, project management, engineering, architecture or similar;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects, reporting on projects;
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Good team player.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in humanitarian sector
- Good working condition and competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter to the email Відправити резюме
Deadline for applications: 17.08.2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.