Location: Melbourne | Northern Metropolitan
Job type: Full time
Organisation: Environment Protection Authority
Salary: $64,442 – $88,336
As Victoria’s environmental regulator, we set and enforce environmental standards to help ensure all Victorians can enjoy clean air, healthy waterways and pollutant-free land.
To achieve the best possible environmental outcomes for Victoria, we’re increasingly shifting our focus from minimising the effects of environmental harm, to preventing it from happening in the first place.
To help us achieve this, we’re now recruiting. By working at EPA you can enjoy a meaningful career with great work-life balance, while building a better future for our environment.
Operations Officer – Water
Work in a dynamic and supportive team that is responsible for water quality monitoring, and delivering laboratory and field work operations to support these water monitoring operations.
- Fixed term contract: to 31 January 2023
- Primary work location: Macleod
- Combination of lab, field and office work
- Supportive team environment
- Immediate start
As the environmental regulator, EPA Victoria works on behalf of all Victorians to protect the health and wellbeing of Victoria’s communities and the environment from the harmful effects of pollution and waste.
About The Role:
As the Operations Officer -Water, you will be part of a team responsible for water quality monitoring, assessments and reporting across the state. You will use your initiative to prioritise tasks and monitor workflow in delivering water monitoring operations, aligned to EPA’s strategic priorities, to prevent harm to Victorian communities and the environment from pollution and waste.
- Support the delivery of field work and water quality monitoring activities across Victoria (including work onboard a variety of boats).
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot field equipment for water monitoring operations.
- Ensure data quality meets standards and respond to data requests, including those for incidents/emergencies to aid with rapid understanding of environmental impacts.
- Contribute to the procurement and management of scientific services and assets for water monitoring operations.
- Requires work outside of normal business hours and for overnight stays.
– You have a tertiary degree and/or post graduate qualifications in a relevant scientific discipline, such as Marine or Freshwater Science, Microbiology or Ecotoxicology.
– You have experience using, maintaining, calibrating and troubleshooting scientific equipment.
– You are passionate about working in a variety of environments, including outdoors, on boats, and in the lab.
– You are committed to safe work practices and continuous improvement.
– You are a good communicator.
– You have a current Victorian driver’s licence.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to apply online via EPA Career Services. Please click the apply button at the bottom of the page. Attachments can be uploaded in doc. Docx. Pdf, txt or rtf. Forms.
Applicants should submit:
- Completed Application form;
- Resume including contact details of two referees
Applications close midnight on 16 August 2022. For further information on this role, please refer to the attached position description.
All queries in relation to this role should be directed to Kelly Zuccala on [email protected] or 0409 656 884.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete a Pre-employment Declaration and Consent form. Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
At EPA Victoria, the safety of our people, stakeholders and community is our first priority, which is why all applicants are required to be fully COVID vaccinated with both doses or (approved exemption), in accordance with the Chief Health Officer directions. We are committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its workers and clients. For this role, you are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement.
EPA Victoria is committed to supporting employees through flexible work arrangements and encouraging work/life balance. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees are respected, valued and supported. We proactively seek to employ a diverse workforce to leverage the varied ideas of all employees, that drive innovation and success in everything we do.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you require advice and support with the application process please contact the Recruitment team on 1 300 372 842.
EPA Victoria utilise an Order of Merit process whereby applicants deemed suitable may be retained on a Merit List, from which their application may be accessed for recruitment to this role within a 3-month period.
Note: Applications received via e-mail will not be considered.
For further information on Environment Protection Authority Victoria, please visit www.epa.vic.gov.au