Posted on: 4 Aug, 2022
Application by: 10 Aug, 2022
Project status: Tender
Project title: Protecting Mexico’s coastal regions and their marine ecosystems by reducing plastic waste
Period of project: 09/2022 – 30/06/2024
Duration of assignment: To be determined, up to 25 days
Duty station: Mexico
Job code: WS-MEX22GIZ0227
The GIZ project “Protection of Mexican coastal regions and their marine ecosystems through the reduction of plastic waste” (PROCEP, for its Spanish acronym), focuses on developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating strategies for the reduction of plastic waste, with an emphasis on the tourism and fisheries sectors. It also seeks to develop solutions to achieve an effective circular economy, improve the management of plastic waste and prevent it from entering the sea to preserve marine ecosystems. The good practices and lessons learned in Oaxaca will be replicated in three other regions of the Mexican Pacific. The experiences will also be integrated into national programs and strategies on waste, circular economy, and marine protection. The project aims also to develop and implement Plastic waste prevention; Plastic Circular Economy framework and Financing strategies for plastic waste management in the country.
- Contribution to the design of toolkits, knowledge products, publications.
- Develop, review, and generate suggestions for technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of different events: e.g., trainings, webinars, study tours, technical workshops, conferences, and side-events
- Elaboration of communication briefs.
- Support the development and delivery of training courses.
- Active contributions to workshops, site visits and technical discussions.
- Coordination and communication with project partners.
- Education/training: All experts with a Bachelor´s in a relevant field: waste management, resource management, sustainability or environmental sciences, environmental economics, law with a focus on the circular economy or related disciplines.
- Languages: All experts with fluency in English, fluency in Spanish is required for 2 experts.
- General professional experience: All experts with 4 years of experience in the environmental or waste management sector.
- Specific professional experience: 1 expert with 3 years of experience in circular economy, 1 expert with 2 years of developing waste prevention strategies, 1 expert with 3 years of experience developing financial strategies for environmental projects.
- Regional experience: 2 experts with 2 years of experience in Latin America, 2 experts with 1 year of experience in Mexico is an asset.
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 2 experts with 1 year of experience in DC.
GFA Consulting Group GmbH has formed a consortium with RWA Group.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In case of interest, we will be happy to receive your CV and your fee expectations.
Marisa Ludwig [email protected]