Posted on: 4 Aug, 2022
Application by: 10 Aug, 2022
Project status: Tender
Project title: Protecting Mexico’s coastal regions and their marine ecosystems by reducing plastic waste
Period of project: 09/2022 – 30/06/2024
Duration of assignment: To be determined, up to 25 days
Duty station: Mexico
Job code: WS-MEX22GIZ0227
The GIZ project “Protection of Mexican coastal regions and their marine ecosystems through the reduction of plastic waste” (PROCEP, for its Spanish acronym), focuses on developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating strategies for the reduction of plastic waste, with an emphasis on the tourism and fisheries sectors. It also seeks to develop solutions to achieve an effective circular economy, improve the management of plastic waste and prevent it from entering the sea to preserve marine ecosystems. The good practices and lessons learned in Oaxaca will be replicated in three other regions of the Mexican Pacific. The experiences will also be integrated into national programs and strategies on waste, circular economy, and marine protection. The project aims also to develop and implement Plastic waste prevention; Plastic Circular Economy framework and Financing strategies for plastic waste management in the country.
The expert will work closely with the Team Leader and the other experts pool on the following tasks:
- Design of toolkits, knowledge products, publications.
- Develop, review, and generate suggestions for technical documents.
- Conducting studies (technical, financial, policy)
- Implementation of surveys (e.g. field studies, interviews, data collection).
- Elaboration of communication briefs.
- Advise national and local implementation processes.
- Moderating and presenting outputs and technical know-how.
- Preparation, implementation and documentation of different events: e.g. trainings, webinars, study tours, technical workshops, conferences and side-events
- Sharing national experience / best practices in national and international forums.
- Advise on organizational development (institutional restructuring, defining roles and responsibilities, defining work plans, coordination management, etc.)
- Coordination and communication with project partners.
- Education/training: All experts with university qualifications (German ‘Diplom’/Master) in a relevant field of waste management, sustainability, or environmental sciences, environmental economics, business administration, law, material sciences with a focus on the circular economy, 1 expert with bachelor’s degree in law.
- Languages: All experts with fluency in Spanish, fluency in English is an asset.
- General professional experience: All experts with 7 years in the waste management sector.
- Specific professional experience: 2 experts with 4 years of experience in circular economy, 2 experts with 4 years of experience developing waste prevention strategies, 1 expert with 5 years of experience developing financial strategies for environmental projects, 1 expert with 5 years of experience developing and promoting improvements to legislation related to waste management.
- Regional experience: 3 experts with 3 years of experience in other Latin American countries.
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 3 experts with 4 years of experience in DC.
GFA Consulting Group GmbH has formed a consortium with RWA Group.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In case of interest, we will be happy to receive your CV and your fee expectations.
Marisa Ludwig [email protected]