Nominations for the Future Earth Governing Council are now open. Any member of the Future Earth Community is eligible (Assembly members and non-Assembly members).
The Future Earth Groups represented in the Governing Council and needing a new member (or renewal of a member) are:
- Global Research Networks (GRNs)
- Regional, National and Subnational Committees / Structures / Entities
- Boards and Funders of the Global Secretariat Hubs
- Early Career Researchers (ECR)
- Experts from Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC)
The Governing Council is the elected and operational decision-making body of Future Earth, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the strategic direction and scientific priorities of Future Earth;
- Identifying priority research/practice areas of strength and opportunity;
- Overseeing the Secretariat’s operations, including the development and oversight of Future Earth policies and practices.
Each group needs 1 seat filled. Please fill out this form by 9 September to submit a nomination. Self-nominations and nominations by others are both welcome.
Nominees must be members of the Group they apply to represent and their eligibility will be checked by the Secretariat.
Following the eligibility check, nominees’ profiles will be shared with the Assembly members of the Group they applied to represent. In addition, the list of nominees will be presented at the Future Earth Assembly meeting in September. Elections will take place online in October 2022.