Date: Aug 1, 2022
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Provides professional expertise in the collection, input, reconciliation, validation, and analysis of SRP’s water resource data. Follows departmental procedures and adheres to SRP’s data management and security policies. Collaborates with other departments across SRP on the interpretation and use of water data. Responds to ad-hoc water resource data requests, produces written analyses, and participates in special projects related to SRP’s water resource goals and objectives.
• Supports the acquisition, processing, analysis, and archiving of hydrologic time-series data associated with SRP’s surface-water measurement sites and watershed river gages.
• Develops and maintains stage-discharge relationships and rating curves.
• Coordinates with Water Measurement field staff to conduct surface-water ﬂow measurements along SRP’s canal system, contract sites, and river gage locations.
• Provides hydrologic data expertise in support of the development of contracts/agreements between SRP and external agencies and/or customers.
• Collaborates with internal departments to develop job quotes, designs, schedules, and invoicing for external hydrologic monitoring agreements.
• Performs research and remains informed on advances in surface-water flow measurement technologies.
• Supports SRP’s Water Accounting and Water Transmission groups in addressing customer questions and enhancing customer service and loyalty.
• Prepares and conducts written reports and oral presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to senior level requires a minimum of three years of experience at level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Over 5 years of experience in water resource data analysis, data collection, reconciliation, validation, and data management.
Substantial understanding and experience in hydrology, water resource management, water measurement and monitoring practices, data analytics, and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating procedures, engineering design, and policies relating to the collection and processing and water resource data.
- Knowledge of water transmission and water distribution, including canal distribution systems, gaging, and control structures.
- Knowledge of Arizona’s water resources; specifically, Arizona’s watersheds and river systems.
- Knowledge of water data processing and how changes in flow equations, instrumentation, and site configurations effect water operations and water accounting.
- Knowledge of water engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of hydrologic simulation and modeling software.
- Skilled in the use of water data management software and related programming languages. Specifically, software and programming languages commonly used in the processing, analysis, and graphical presentation of hydrologic time-series data.
- Skilled in statistical analysis, data analytics, and data visualization.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Skilled presentation abilities.
- Skilled in written communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.
Requisition ID: 14540
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix