With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The purpose of the position is to ensure the development and implementation of the WV Lebanon National WASH Program strategy and Technical Program in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. The WASH specialist is responsible to ensure quality implementation of WASH programming from design to implementation according to strategy. To partner with proposal writers to design WASH programming across funding streams toward achieving the relevant child well-being objective(s) and according to the pathway of change and prioritized project models. To provide external and donor representation for WASH programming, including cultivation of partnerships. To build organizational capacity and provide training to implement prioritized project models and evidence-based practices. To spend time in the field when needed working with field operations staff to troubleshoot implementation issues. To work closely with the MEAL team for evidence building initiatives and support organizational learning and improvement.
Support in Strategy & Program Development:
- Support in donors prepositioning for new program ideas and models based on evidence.
- Co-develop new proposals, in consultation with Programs, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Operations teams.
- Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.
- Participate in design of WV Lebanon strategy and priorities based on emerging needs and donor interests.
- Lead the development of Technical Program components in alignment with strategy.
Support Implementation, monitoring and reporting:
- Provide technical supervision to field WASH staff including coaching, sharing resources and materials, revision of reports, analyzing lessons, etc.
- Monitor progress of WASH projects and discuss challenges and support needed with the Program Manager and field teams. Address implementation delays and issues with relevant Field Ops team members
- Develop sector measurement tools in collaboration with MEAL team. Specifically, set sectoral/technical tool questions based on accredited global tools.
- Develop and implement sector level advocacy strategy to improve WV’s reach for the Most Vulnerable Children
- Intervene, when necessary, at procurement level, to facilitate/find solutions to material purchase difficulties or delays that are affecting the program quality implementation.
- Review grant progress reports and M&E reports specifically program findings and recommendations.
Networking & External Engagement:
- Engage in networking and coordination with external WASH Stakeholders and partners (Energy and Water WASH working groups, Ministry of Energy and Water, Ministry of Environment, UNICEF, MEHE, local municipalities, INGOs, National NGOs, etc.).
- Participate in National workshops, training and internal WVL meetings, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate with regional office and other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, whether at the Regional or Global level as necessary.
Learning and Research:
- Identify key sources of information around WASH including government bodies, local and International organizations, academic institutions to identify learning trends, and new parameters that could affect the implementation of current or future WASH projects
- Co-leadwith MEAL team the development of Evidence Building Plans (EBPs) for Technical Programs and for new projects.
- Participate in all WASH projects’ lessons learned events.
- Participate in design and roll out of new research proposals and initiatives of WVL.
- Conduct regular situational analysis of the sector and feed recommendations back to WVL for decision making on future priorities.
Perform other duties as required:
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Report CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager
Required Professional Experience:
- Three to five years of technical expertise in the areas of WASH, Sanitation, etc. in a similar role
- Two years or more NGO experience in the humanitarian and development fields respectively
- Strong understanding of concepts and practice in Energy, Water quality, Sanitation, Environment, Waste management, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Humanitarian and Development fields
- Creative and able to come up with, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, influencing skills and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Strong networking
- Able to work on multifunctional tasks in the pressure of time and organizational changes;
- Experience in capacity building processes, tools and methodologies
- Proven experience in working with the relevant ministries and WASH stakeholders
- Experience in needs assessment and project design
- Proven experience in WASH in Emergency settings
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelors degree in any area related to Energy and Water Management, Water and Hydraulics, Civil Engineering, etc.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred Knowledge and Qualification:
- Masters Degree in the above mentioned areas.
- Experience participating in program implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Valid driving license (in Lebanon) for more than 2 years is required.
- The position requires travel within the country when needed.
- The position requires ability and willingness to continue to function during a crisis, including during a World Vision response to a man-made or natural disaster.
Physical Requirements Language Requirements:
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionall
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only