The Environment and Climate Change (ECC) Senior Program Officer (SPO) for FHI 360’s Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO), working under the direction of the ECC Associate Director, is responsible for supporting the implementation of the ECC initiative. This entails providing support to the development, implementation and monitoring of ECC strategic framework, work plans and budgets to position FHI 360 as a leader in environment and climate change. SPO will work closely with ECC team members to ensure continued high performance and responsiveness to changing needs and opportunities, support business development and partnership establishment efforts and coordinate with the departments across the organization in support of the successful incubation and growth of the ECC initiative. This position is only open for Thai citizens.
Programmatic Management Support:
- Contributes to the preparation, monitoring and coordination of ECC work plans and budgets.
- Supports the development and implementation of ECC program management tools.
- Contributes to business development and partnership establishment/strengthening efforts.
- Contributes to the preparation of briefings, reports, communications and positioning materials.
- Leads assigned project tasks and oversees task completion.
- May conduct new hire onboarding.
- May participate in external events related to ECC and/or relevant technical areas.
- Supports the organization of selected ECC internal meetings, set agendas, take notes, coordinates with ECC team members, and relevant stakeholders and counterparts to follow up and ensure completion of agreed action points.
- Provides logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, and coordinates with relevant APRO staff and counterparts for the organization of ECC meetings, workshops and events.
- Manages ECC document management site/tools and assists in ensuring document management site/tools are used appropriately by the ECC team.
- Serves as the primary contact regarding administrative task assignments and carries out administrative tasks as required to facilitate an efficient working environment.
- Perform additional tasks as may be required by superiors.
- Supports ECC budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Assists in reading and interpreting budget to facilitate tracking and suggests budget items/approach for tasks.
- Assists in reviewing expense reports and invoices prior to management approval.
- Drafts sub-award packages and reviews sub-award packages and provides comments before submission for approval.
- Supports in liaising with subcontractors; facilitates partner/sub-award communication related to task completion and planning.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in International Development, International Relations, Social Studies, Environmental Science, Climate Change, Health, Civil Society, Gender, Economic Development, Research, Business Administration or Related Fields.
- Five or more years of professional working experience in project/program management, of which a minimum of two years at the international level is required.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, international organization or private organization focusing on development issues preferred.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the primary technical area of ECC (Environment and Climate Change) and secondary technical areas (Health, Civil Society, Gender, Economic Development and Research).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate and communicate in a clear and positive fashion.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and Thai.
- Ability to think out of the box and be innovative.
- Ability to problem solve and implement corrective action as needed.
- Ability to receive little instruction on routine work.
- Has sensitivity to cultural and cognitive diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas and tasks.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Be a Thai citizen.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to occasionally work beyond typical working hours.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.