The Role: Consultant – Water and Digital Analytics Consultant
Location: Delhi, India
Arup is a Global independent firm of consultants offering a broad range of professional services across all infrastructure segments. For more details, please visit https://www.arup.com/. In India, Arup has presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore. With a team of over 100 people we undertake programme management, engineering, business advisory and digital consultancy.
The team in Delhi is looking for a Consultant with 5 to 7 years of experience to support our ongoing project and play a key role in our growing Water Consulting business. You will be working closely with our global pool of experienced Water Engineers and Specialists to deliver water and wastewater advice and strategic insights in India. The role is for a 3-year Fixed term Employment Contract that will likely become a permanent position for the right candidate.
This is a client-facing role primarily based at the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in New Delhi. The role will report to the Program Manager based in Australia as part of the Australia-India water Security Initiative (AIWASI). The position will have a three-year contract and provides a significant opportunity to the right person to accelerate their career within Arup in India and potentially elsewhere across the globe where Arup has presence.
We are looking for candidates with the following technical skills/ experience:
- Excellent understanding of water / wastewater sector in India
- Experience of undertaking quantitative analysis, data repository management, MIS for utilities, spatial data analysis especially in the water/ waste-waste- sector or covering related urban infrastructure in India.
- Ability to use data to draw strategic observations and conclusions relating to urban water supply and sewerage infrastructure projects, ground and surface water, review socio-economic aspects of cities, etc.
- Expertise in spatial analysis such as GIS in water sector or other utilities.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders such as urban local bodies (ULBs), public bodies, professional institutions, non-profit organisations in India.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with senior directors and senior officials across the Ministry and other government and state bodies, and with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at the Australian High Commission.
- Good understanding of national, state and city development priorities, projects, policy frameworks and national urban programs in India
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the team at the client-site (MoHUA) as well as with officials and counterparts at central government ministry, state, and city level bodies.
- Creating impactful visualisations, graphics and charts to articulate key findings clearly
- Communicate findings in a concise manner that can be used by a range of decision-makers.
- Leverage analysis of large data sets at national level to support decision making and drive project outcomes.
- Active participation in client meetings/forums
- Work with our global team to support the delivery of the ongoing project outcomes as part of the AIWASI Mission.
Key Requirements and Personal Skills:
- Undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree in engineering, urban planning or equivalent with preferred qualifications in hydrology, water management, environmental engineering, urban utilities, GIS spatial analysis or equivalent.
- Excellent data interrogation aptitude and skills in MS Excel/ Power BI/ MS Access/ SAS/ SQL/ Python/ R/ GIS packages, etc., including data visualisation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrable track record of working in some of the following areas
- Quantitative research, management of big data associated with urban infrastructure and utilities
- Municipal infrastructure projects
- Urban development and management policies and programs
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Business level fluency in any additional Indian languages will be an advantage.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include Provident Fund contribution, NPS option, Mediclaim cover (incl. family), Term Life and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Prog. scheme for the family to safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks which include, amongst others, for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to our hybrid flexible working – Work Unbound.
Equality and diversity
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or another legally protected status. We recognize that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater to diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you at the earliest.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.