Winrock is accepting applications for Team Leader (TL) candidates for an anticipated Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) project in Bangladesh. The four-year activity will focus on addressing adverse impacts of climate change on (i) ecologically vulnerable coastal and Haor areas of Bangladesh, and (ii) on livelihoods of surrounding communities. The project will increase climate resilience of vulnerable communities and protection and restoration of nature. The Activity will work with the Bangladesh Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, community groups, civil society, and private sector actors, and will align with the ministry’s vision of “Sustainable environment and forest development”.
The TL will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program. They will coordinate closely with FCDO, counterparts and the Winrock home office in developing, implementing, and revising program’s overall field strategy. The TL oversees the strategic and technical direction of the program and serves as link between FCDO, Winrock’s Home Office, and program partners and stakeholders. They will foster and maintain effective relationships and coordination with government, academia, private sector, civil society, NGOs, and other donors and ensure compliance with the contract including timely, high-quality results. This would be a full-time position and be based in Bangladesh.
This position is contingent on award of funding from FCDO.
- Provide overall technical oversight and strategic leadership to achieve the results of the program
- Serve as principal liaison to FCDO in Bangladesh for this project
- Oversee financial and administrative aspects of the initiative including managing the budget
- Support financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and FCDO regulations
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results, components/subcomponents, cross cutting areas and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results
- Ensure women, youth and marginalized groups are engaged in project activities
- Lead coordination and preparation of annual work plans and monitor the implementation of these plans
- Lead and oversee the preparation and submission of all project reports on the progress of activities and achievement of program results to FCDO
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with FCDO, other development partners and stakeholders
- Conduct regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office
- Ensure collaboration where necessary with complementary FCDO and other donor projects
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- A minimum of a master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in forestry or environmental management, global climate change, environmental economics, international development, public/business administration, governance, or relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in senior-level management positions for donor-funded international development projects. Senior-level staff management experience on large and complex natural resource management projects (30M+ pounds)
- Demonstrated ability to lead large climate adaptation, conservation, or community-based development projects
- Experience of working with FCDO monitoring and reporting systems
- Ability to develop constructive relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- A minimum of five years of overseas experience with technical and/or operational issues related to biodiversity, private sector engagement, natural resource management (water and forests), or related issues
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in senior-level roles for FCDO or other high complexity projects, such as Team Leader
- Proven experience working closely with government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with officials at national and local levels
- Experience working in Bangladesh strongly preferred, with a strong knowledge of the cultural and power dynamics in country
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge of FCDO policies and procedures as related to project management required
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Nepal strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the program
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations and coalition building among host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow
About Winrock International
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation. Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization.