VOTRE ENVIRONNEMENT DE TRAVAIL
The recent development in Ukraine have led over 5.7 million refugees to flee over the borders from Ukraine and a further 7.7 million have been displaced within Ukraine. The estimated 13 million people that are stranded in Ukraine face shortages of basic needs such as water, food and medicine.
3,143,550 refugees have crossed the Polish border, 453,848 refugees have crossed the Moldavian border and 856,941 refugees the Romanian border.
This situation has led ACF France to open three missions in Ukraine, Poland and Romania and ACF Spain in Moldova.
In Ukraine, WASH activities are ongoing in Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zapporizhzha and Ivano-Frankivsk with partners (hygiene item distribution and small scale WASH infrastructure improvements/rehabilitations). ACF is also running MHPSS activities with local partners in Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zapporizhzha. ACF is as well delivering CASH and Health activities in Chernistva.
We are looking for a WASH Program Manager based in Dnipro for our activities in the East.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
At the local level, you federate the members of your team around the achievement of a common objective by ensuring the supervision, animation and reinforcement of their capacities. In addition, in accordance with ACF, international standards and national policies, you ensure the implementation of the project you are in charge of, in compliance with established procedures and dedicated resources. You will participate in the coordination and representation of the WASH department with partners and other actors in your area of intervention. You also contribute to the analysis of the WASH context of your area of intervention and to the definition of the vision, positioning and strategy of the mission in the sector concerned.
More specifically, you will :
- Lead roll-out of WASH winterisation activities in the Eastern Oblasts
- Support capacity-building of WASH team
- Lead on identifying and managing relationships with partners for WASH programming, as appropriate
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of internal and external progress reports
- Support preparation of WASH strategy at field and/or area level
- Degree in WASH related studies (engineering, public health, geology…)
- Extensive knowledge of WASH programming through various modalities
- Work experience in conflict-affected settings
- Professional experience in budget management
- Professional experience managing a team (supervision, delegation, motivation, addressing conflicts)
- Good organization skills, ability to set priorities and time management
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian is an asset
VOS CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI
- 6 MONTHS fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 686€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
POURQUOI NOUS REJOINDRE ?
The Ukraine crisis is one of the largest displacement events – and humanitarian responses – of recent history. The scale and scope of ACF’s activities and operations is significant. This role offers an opportunity for a developing humanitarian programmes professional to help support meaningful humanitarian aid to an ever-growing population in need. As this is a new and expanding emergency, the postholder will be able to help build teams and systems, as well as to hopefully expand to new geographical areas in 2023.