The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as the Postdoctoral Fellow – Resource Economics (Resource Recovery and Reuse).
The position holder will support the team working on the circular bio-economy in the rural-urban interface within the CGIAR Resilient Cities and Nature+ (positive) initiatives. Main task is to work on the Resource Recovery and Reuse (RRR) investment climate study across 12 countries. This will be a team effort involving also other staff.
There will be opportunities to contribute to other tasks, in particular, in Sri Lanka and Ghana. The exact tasks will depend on the qualification of the eventually selected candidate and might comprise, financial and economic of RRR innovations, opportunities and barriers for scaling Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) on RRR in the interface of water, waste, and agriculture.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
- To support the RRR investment climate study across 12 countries looking at financial, social, institutional, and regulatory aspects of the enabling environment.
- To support the Senior Economist as required, for example by providing input into the RRR innovation hub in Ghana in view of market, finance and business development and/or related training programs.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- PhD in Resource economics or Development economics. Business administration or a related subject.
- Background in/experience with sanitation/waste management and/or agriculture
- Knowledge of Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Working experience in low-income countries
- Knowledge of Impact pathways, Scaling; Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interest and ability to support innovative research in the sanitation/waste-agriculture interface with financial and institutional models in the global south.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of financial investment, corporate finance and economics.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently (both verbally and in written form).
- Knowledge on MS office
- Very good command of spoken and written English and excellent public presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Learning attitude and willingness to travel.
- Written and spoken language skills in Spanish
- An emerging record of (peer-reviewed) publications.
This is a globally recruited position with a USD denominated base salary, comprehensive international health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, long-term disability insurance coverage and a USD 400/month transportation allowance. The duration of the initial contract will be for 2 years.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. Include the names of 3 referees who may be contacted if you are shortlisted. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) August 25, 2022 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.