Job Title Project Coordinator The Institute for Water Resources Science and Technology (Temporary Part Time Position)
Agency Texas A&M University – San Antonio
Department Department of Mathematical, Physical, & Engineering Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate
Job Location San Antonio, Texas
Job Type Staff
The Institute for Water Resources Science and Technology seeks a temporary part-time grant funded project coordinator beginning in August 2022. The length of the hire will be 10-11 months, depending on the actual start date and the actual end date of the funded project. The candidate for the position should have an extensive background in emergency response community including fire response, hazmat response, and rescue.
This is a term limited grant position and is anticipated to start ASAP with a possible end date of between 10-11 months, contingent upon sufficient grant funding.
- Examine the best management practices (BMPs) for emergency responses in rural areas sensitive to groundwater contamination
- Identify stakeholders associated with the BMPs
- Communicate with key stakeholders and the public of interest
- Coordinate workshops and various meetings as specified in the project deliverables.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in emergency management, policy, and administration.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the emergency response community.
- Certified firefighter.
- Experience in HazMat emergency response.
- Administrative experience.
Applicant must email the Director of the Institute, Dr. Walter Den ([email protected]) the following:
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae, and
- Emergency-response certificates (if applicable).
Also required is a letter of recommendation on a letterhead emailed by the authors directly to the Institute’s Director.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any position on our website, please use the following link:
Summary of Employee Benefits:
Please ensure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. Once application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.